Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 08, 2014

A summer day

Sure was nice outside this morning when I went for my walk.  50 degrees, sunny and no wind. With the warmer temperatures now the wind doesn't really matter anymore.  In fact when it is real warm the wind feels good.  Walked down my driveway turned left and took this picture. I'm headed off on the Farm Loop route.
Made a stop at the post office to drop off a Netlfix in the mail slot and continued on.
The chickens and roosters were running about on one of the farms.  More of them are following these but just didn't fit in the picture. The one in front is the one who likes to sit on the bicycle handlebars.  : )
 I heard the wild turkeys in the woods but couldn't see any.  There were a lot of Red Winged Black birds around and I've noticed that there are a LOT of them around here.

Farmer Bill has decided to try raising bees and has started with these two hives.  Sure would be great to eat some of the honey from them.
Walked back into and around town, around one of the cemeteries and then home.
Walked 6.1  miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
I got a call from Pastor Grant saying that the visit to Cherry Hills was cancelled this morning. : (  So I put the brownies I made in the freezer and will bring them next week.

Ken had an appointment down in Cumberland this afternoon.  We were going to leave when I got back from Cherry Hill but left late this morning instead.  Did some food shopping down at the Walmart and also at Martins in LaVale since we passed right by there.  Stopped in at Kohl's too.
When Ken was at the dentist last time she spotted a dark spot on his gum and thought it better be checked out just to be safe.  The doctor saw it today and removed it.  We will know the results of the biopsy next week.  I ask you to please say a prayer for Ken that all is well.  Thanks.

I dropped my latest book off at the library and picked up the two that I had on hold.

Tomorrow evening is the Mother/Daughter banquet at church and I made some fruit salad when we got home for it.  Another woman Becky is making the same recipe too.  There are other desserts being made by other woman.  We are all making the desserts and the meal is to be catered.  They expect 125 people or so.
Fruit Salad Recipe is HERE.

It was like a summer day here - temperature reached 80 degrees.  Lots of sunshine too.
Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
I like when my mother smiles.
And I especially like it when I make her smile.
~ Adriana Trigiani
Three Thankful Things
  1. Having beautiful places to take a morning walk
  2. A ride in the yellow vette on a summer like day
  3. Tasty fruit salad - I made a small one for us too. : )
Comment replies:
Kim - No the church in the picture is in town here.  Our church is 20 miles away. 
Yes, lots of people fish there and they do catch fish. : )

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Yum! Loving that fruit salad! Perfect for a warm day!

I am thinking about Ken and the spot that was removed today. Hopefully the report will be a good one.

Vee said...

That salad looks so delicious.

Yes, saying a prayer for Ken. Glad that he has an observant dentist.

That photo of the chickens is so cute. They really are quite pretty.

Happy@Home said...

Yes, your fruit salad does look delicious and so colorful.
I will be happy to include Ken in my prayers.

o2bhiking said...

The fruit salad looks delicious! Saying a prayer for a great outcome, as expected, for Ken. Art