Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A ride to Morgantown

A little bit chilly this morning but not as cold as was forecast.  It was 38 degrees, cloudy, and windy which made it seem colder.  But it was a nice walk around town and it didn't rain or snow. : )

Just stayed around town because of the wind and thought it might rain.  Didn't see anyone else walking around town.
There were a couple of rabbits down by the little pond in town and a few geese out on the pond as well.
 A couple more pictures of my walk. 

I walked 6.1 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡   
A little after breakfast we went to Morgantown, WV which is I think about 40 miles or so away from home.  Ken was there last Saturday and remembered seeing a Ross store there and I've found dresses at Ross down where we used to live so thought I'd might have some luck at this one.  There is also a lot of other stores in Morgantown too so we made a day of it.

Well, that Ross store that Ken saw, wasn't a Ross after all but Ross medical so I didn't find any dresses there. : ) Went in a few other stores too but didn't find anything that I even wanted to try on.  I've quit looking now and will just get something whenever I just happen to see something.  I'll just make do with the few dresses that I have. 
♡     ♡    ♡    ♡
I've been working on some weave-it squares and now have enough for another baby blanket and when we got back home I set them all out in a pattern and have started sewing them together.

It will be supper time soon so I'd better end this and think about what to have.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone : )
A family is a bunch of people 
who keep confusing you with someone you were as a kid.
~ Robert Brault
Three Happy Things
  1. I don't live in Morgantown - sorry if anyone reading lives there
  2. Coming home
  3. Arranging the weave-it squares into a pattern for the blanket and starting to sew them together

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Shopping these days is no fun. I just make do also with what I have. Of course I do not dress up much anymore at all. We have never been to Morgantown. Hugs Betsy

Nellie said...

I love the picture of the geese on the pond! I'm sorry you didn't find anything of interest on your trip today. I've shopped at the Ross store here for dresses, too.

o2bhiking said...

Sounds like a nice walk and a fun enough day, even without the dresses. I guess you could have gotten one of those medical gowns that we all love so much! :^) Art

Rick Watson said...

It was almost warm enough to swim here today. Everything but the mimosa and kudzu has spouted leaves. The dogwood in our yard is a huge white cloud.
I hope it's spring there soon.

Beth said...

And now I have a better idea of where you live. My nephew went to law school at Morgantown WV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Its always nice to come home and be glad that we live where we do. Hope you have better luck finding a dress. I am short (only 5'4") but find that most of the dresses I try on are way too short as well! They come up way to far for me to be comfortable in them. That's why I wear lots of skirts! They are also easy to sew and I can make them the length I want.

Happy@Home said...

Sorry to hear that you struck out on the dress front. I have a handful of dresses in my closet and most of them are from Ross. I wanted to wear one for Easter but it ended up being too chilly. Hope you find something you like soon.