Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

A busy day and a nap

35 degrees this morning, sunny and not even a breeze, a beautiful morning for walking.  Yesterday I retired another pair of walking shoes and wore a new pair today.  The old ones I'll wear around the yard.  Even though the new shoes are the exact same kind as the old ones, I always feel better after the first walk so I know they will be good walking shoes.  These latest pass the test.

I walked the Farm Loop in the opposite direction than usual.  A couple of pictures along the way.
I saw a couple of blue jays and a downy woodpecker.
No people around and very few cars.
Walked 6 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
I went to the library this morning but not the one in town.  I went to the one in Grantsville (15 miles or so from home) because the weather was so nice and thought it would be nice to take my car out for a  spin.
I checked out a Stephen King book that I've never heard of.  These other two books were on the give away shelf so I came home with them too.  They are books 4 and 5 in the series so now I'll have to get the other three from the library and read them first. : )
After lunch I went outside to get some work done in the yard.  I cut down 12 rose bushes and 3 big tree bush things.  Cut down 6 huge ornamental grasses and did some raking.  I was out for a few hours.  In the next few days I will have to mow the lawn.  I'm looking forward to having fun on the riding lawn mower again.  : )

After getting the clothes off the line and folding them I sat down to read.  Read a few pages and fell asleep. Woke up when Ken called to say he was on his way home.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.
happyone : )
Let the resurrection joy lift us from
loneliness and weakness and despair to
strength and beauty and happiness.
~ Floyd W Tomkins

Three Happy Things Today
  1. Comfortable walking shoes
  2. Free books
  3. A sunny afternoon in the yard
Comment Replies:
Vee - I had Shrimp Scampi on a bed of spaghetti with a twice baked potato and green beans when we went out to eat. Too much food so I saved the spaghetti and had that as leftovers last night.  It was scampi flavored and delicious.

Karen - The little door on my camera that holds the batteries in broke and the duct tape is holding the door closed.

Edit:  Free books are number 8 and 9 of the series not 4 and 5 like I thought.

4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - Hello from Arizona! New walking shoes and free books - always happy things. Naps are great as well. I had one today too. Have a peaceful and happy Easter. You will like the short You Tube I posted on my blog about the risen Lord and what the resurrection means to each and every one of us. Very moving. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Nellie said...

My goodness! You were a dynamo doing that yard work!

Isn't it nice to have such good walking weather again?

Easter blessings to you!

Beth said...

Wow!! All of that yard work after walking. You are amazing!!

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like a happy and productive day.
Reading about your upcoming mowing reminded me of your post last summer when you were mastering the mower. That was so cute.
Wishing you and Ken a Happy Easter.