Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday

No rain again this morning when I walked even though it was supposed to.  It was 40 degrees with clouds and a little sun with a slight breeze.
I walked the farm loop.
On the other side of the fence is a little farm pond.
Two geese on the pond and three robins in the tree.
Walked around town and was surprised to see some people at the town pond fishing.
This is a big old house sits on Main Street and is slowly falling down.  Would be nice if someone bought it and fixed it up.  It could really be a nice house once again.
I saw a woman walking a dog and another woman walking.  I've seen both of them a couple of times before.  The walker looks like she walks many miles because she is outfitted in those walking pants with lots of pockets and has water bottles hanging off her belt and just seems like she's been walking for hours and hours!!

These days with the temperature in the 40's are my favorite walking temperatures.  Not hot or cold,  the only thing that would make it perfect would be if it was a bright sunny morning.  I'm sure I'll have plenty mornings like that coming up.

I walked 6 miles.
♡     ♡     ♡     ♡     ♡
We made a trip to the Shop and Save to pick up a new supply of ice cream because it was on sale.  No chocolate chip but did get another chocolate chip mint, vanilla fudge and chocolate/vanilla.  I'm going with vanilla fudge tonight for my snack.

This afternoon I spent some time outside in the yard cutting down some of the rose bushes.  The people who lived here before us told me to cut them down almost to the ground so that is what I starting doing.  I worked until it started to rain.  Still have quite a few more rose bushes to cut down, some ornamental grasses and old flowers to cut down too.  I enjoy doing the work though and come the next nice sunny day I'll be out there again. 

Once back inside I read some more of my book and just have 50 pages left to read which I'll finish later.

Hope your Saturday was happy and bright.
happyone : )

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed
and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
If it comes out of the ground easily,
it is a valuable plant.
~ Unknown
 
Three Happy Times Today
  1. Good walking weather
  2. Working in the garden
  3. A choice of ice cream flavors

7 comments:

Vee said...

Are the forsythia blooming? That's a good time for pruning rosebushes. My rosebushes are buried and so is the forsythia! Guess that means that John is off the hook for lawnmower tuning. It is always a shame to see an old house with good bones get shabby. Is that anything you and Ken have ever thought of? House whispering? Maybe that walking lady is Ellen Degeneres grandmother! ha!

Diane said...

Ooh, how nice it would be to fix up that old house!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, your snow is all gone.
I love that old house at the edge of town. It looks like it would be a good one for someone to fix up. Do you know why it is abandoned? It has been a really busy week here and I haven't spent much time with blogs so I have missed checking in with you. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Nellie said...

Have you ever had a desire to "rehab" an old house? It's a shame to see it falling down.:(

We had rain here practically all day - no glimmer of sunshine at all. It sounds like you have a long list of outdoor chores as soon as you have a sunny day.

Beth said...

I really think you and Ken should start a business making jigsaw puzzles. I always think of that when I look at the photos you take while walking.

I love the picture today with the robins in the tree, just beautiful.

Jeanne said...

Glad your weather has been nice for walking. We had a beautiful day today which was nice to see after a rainy one yesterday.
Jeanne

Kerri Farley said...

We have snow again this morning! Not much but my deck is covered....but we are supposed to warm up this week and hit the 60s and 70s.....Hopefully you will too :)