Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Back again : )

 Here I am again.  I just needed a little break.
Since I've last posted we've had a few more snowfalls and some more days with temperatures below zero and in between some really nice sunny days.  I've walked some days inside and a few days outside too.

We've finished the Noah's Ark puzzle.  It was a challenging one but a fun one.
What I liked about it was that the pieces were really different.  Some very odd shapes and once the puzzle was done it was really stuck together.  I could pick it up in one hand and walk around the room with it.



Remember the chili cook off at church?  I am happy to say that mine came in second and I won a red ribbon. : )  First place winner was the chili made with pineapple in it and it was the one I voted for.  Still have to get the recipe.






 This morning it was 8 below zero so I walked in the basement.  But later on in the afternoon the sun was shining brightly and the temperature made it up to 40 degrees, so I went outside for a while.  I walked around the yard in the snow, shoveled some more snow and just enjoyed being outside in the fresh air.

I baked two batches of chocolate chip cookies.  Every week someone takes a turn bringing the snack for the Childerns Church.  This is the first time for me.  There are about 50 kids so I'm to bringing 100 cookies this Sunday.

I had let my ironing go for a while but got it all done this morning.  I set up the ironing board in the library in front of the picture window and listened to the latest audio book that I've been listening to walking in the basement.  Ironing is a mindless job so listening to books works great doing that too.  I was finished ironing before the book ended but it was close to the end and I wanted to see how it ended so I knitted until the end.  It was a good book.  Gone Missing by Linda Castillo

It was nice having a little break but I'm glad to be back again.
I'm pretty sure tomorrow morning will be a walking outside day. : )

Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
How beautiful a day can be
when kindness touches it.
~ George Elliston

Ruta - For some reason I can't leave a comment on your blog anymore.  

11 comments:

Karen said...

So glad you're back! You were missed; although I understand the need to take a break now and then. Looking for the cows in your picture (on your photo blog) was like Where's Waldo!

Vee said...

Blogdom has been pretty quiet. I think the weather is getting to us. Congrats on that red ribbon. The pineapple chili sounds very interesting...more on that later we all hope. Maybe I need to listen to an audio book while I'm doing some chores that I don't enjoy. (I know that you do enjoy ironing.) Nice to have you back!

Nellie said...

It's good to see you back! I was away for the week-end, too, and haven't made my usual blogging rounds. It sounds as though you had a very productive day! Stay warm!

The Furry Gnome said...

I don't think the iron has been used in this house outside the sewing studio in years here!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Congrats on your Chili win.... Bet yours is really good--but the one with pineapple sounds interesting. Never thought of that combination.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I vote for your chili because I don't care for pineapple on pizza, so I don't think I would like it in chili.
I looked for your blog each day, but know you need a break now and then. Mary Jo

Jeanne said...

Good to see you back and congrats on your red ribbon! I love pineapple on pizza but in chili - not so sure I'd like that!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Awesome puzzle! Did you see that they're coming out with the Noah's Ark movie soon??

Kerri Farley said...

Congrats on the Ribbon!!
Glad to see you back :)

Beth said...

Congratulations on winning the ribbon!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would love to taste your prize-winning chili. Bet it is really good. Glad you are back. I totally understand that you took a little break. I also get busy or sometimes just don't feel like I have anything to say. I love your puzzle. I haven't done much on my newest one. It is on the table getting dusty so I'd better get busy and get it finished. See you tomorrow. glad you are back!