Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday

Woke up to falling snow but it was 20 degrees and not more than an inch so I went walking.  Even with my ice grippers there were places where it was a bit slippery and with the snow I couldn't see where the ice was.  But I was careful and it wasn't a problem.  The snow started coming down pretty fast and when I walked against the wind, the snow blew in my face and made it wet and cold.  I stayed around town so I could change direction often.  This picture is taken up the hill a block over from my house.
These ponies live in the field that is on the right in the picture above.  Their names are Flicka and Patriot.
No one else out walking but there were the snow plows, school buses and kids waiting on their bus stops.

I cut my walk just a little short and walked 5 1/2 miles.  That was all my face could take.  Still I'm glad to have been able to walk outside.  I think tonight is when it is supposed to get real cold with temperatures in the single digits again.
☃     ☃     ☃     ☃     ☃
It snowed on and off all day but with a few peeks of sunshine too.
After lunch we went out to do a few errands with stops at Walmart, Dollar General and the library.  There was a book I had to pick up for next months book club and I also got two audio books encase I have to walk in the basement and a couple of magazines.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone : )
May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And my God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
~ Irish Blessing

Three Things That Made Me Smile Today
  1.  Walking into the library
  2. Looking up at a picture on my desk of David and Me
  3. Thinking of Spring

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh may, those pictures do look cold! (Shiver). I probably just feel cold because the air conditioning is on here in my classroom (It is after school here and I am waiting for a meeting....) I love the things that made you smile today. Those things would make me smile too. Happy Tuesday!

Nellie said...

You are having a real winter in your new house! Around here, schools would be closed with that much snow on the ground. The roads would just be a slippery mess!

Kerri Farley said...

No snow here thankfully but there are 3 storms the weather guys are keeping an eye on.
Glad you were able to get out and walk!

Beth said...

It is to be below zero here tonight.
I am glad you got to walk outdoors today. Great photos as always!!

Vee said...

Snow showers and squalls for the next few days here and back to the deep freeze. I can't believe how closely our weather parallels. The difference between us is that you're out walking in it and I am definitely not. I always enjoy reading your things that make me smile list.

Helen said...

I am glad you were able to have a walk even if the weather was not the best. I loved to see your "walk in photos" post below :) Your area looks very nice for walking and photographing. Take care :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I went on a cold snowy hike the weekend before last and it was absolutely amazing!! I love the feeling of being outside in winter :)

o2bhiking said...

Cute ponies! Glad you are finding ways to work out. Art