Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Sunday

Psalm 32:8 - 9
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go;
I will guide thee with mine eye.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule,
which have no understanding;
whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
lest they come near unto thee.

These were the two main verses that Pastor Leatherman preached on this morning.  One of the things I like about Pastor and there are many, is how he picks out a Bible verse or two and can preach a whole sermon on it.  There is always something knew for me to learn.

As a child of God, we are so privileged to have an ALL knowing God to guide us through our day to day living.  He knows how all the choices we could make turn out and what is best for each of us.  We just need to listen to Him.
 ✟     ✟     ✟     ✟     ✟     ✟     
Guess what?  It's snowing again.

Have a blessed Sunday.
happyone : )

Three Thankful Things Today
  1. It's Sunday and we get to go to church
  2. Lunch at Brenda's
  3. I know it snows a lot here, but I'm still thankful for today's snow, because it is beautiful and peaceful to watch falling so quietly down to earth.  I think it's one way for God to show us how beautiful the world He created is.

I want to thank you for your kind comments from yesterday.
My memories of my aunt sadly are only from when I was young.  I say sadly because my mom and her sister had a falling out many years ago and hadn't talked to each other for the last 45 years. : (  
I am happy to say though that my cousin Linda and I have been in contact for quite a few years now.

4 comments:

Beth said...

No snow here today but we got a nice one yesterday! :-)

Cheryl said...

A number of people from work are up in Deep Creek skiing this weekend. I know they're enjoying the snow. It's just started to snow here; I don't think we'll get much :-)

Vee said...

I hope that she knew that you and her daughter were chatting. It had to make her feel good.

Snow again? We were promised snow showers and the sky certainly did threaten, but in the end, it went elsewhere.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I didn't get to do much blog reading yesterday. I love the Sunday scriptures this week. Hope your week is a good one.