Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pigs on my walk : ) and a package in the mail

The temperature didn't get down to minus 18 but it did go as low as minus 13.  It was up to minus 10 in the morning but I felt that was still a bit chilly for an outside walk : ) so once again I had a 'basement' walk.  5 miles today listening to The Wallflowers.  Oh yeah and though I didn't see any wild life, cows or horses I did see a couple of pigs on my walk thanks to Kenny. : )  I came down the one hall and there they were.  The next loop I spent laughing.
 ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
After breakfast I decided to bundle up and go outside just to see how cold it was.  I fed the birds (poor things out in this cold) and cleared the snow off of the truck.  Let my tell you, minus 10 degrees is pretty darn cold, especially with the wind blowing as hard as it is.  I was only out for about 10 minutes and the tears (from the wind) on my face froze. 

I started the third and last puzzle that was under the Christmas tree.  I usually look at the box when I do a puzzle but this time I'm not going to have box help and do it without looking.   It might take me a few days.

Ken bundled up and took a turn outside and went for the mail.  He came in with a package for me.  It was the Bible cover.  : )  I love it.  It has a pocket on the outside too.
It is just perfect for my Bible and even has a place to hold a pen.
I've been going back and forth today from working on the puzzle to doing counted cross stitch.  It's been a fun kind of day.  I think one more real cold day and then Thursday things should warm up a bit.

A taco supper tonight for us.  We usually have the hard shells but tonight we're having the soft shells.  It's a bit too early to start that yet so I'm going to go back to working on my cross stitch.  It sure would be nice to finish it.  I do enjoy working on it though, it's just that I've been working on it for years. I'm sure it will take me a few months longer. I'd like to finish so I can start on another.  : )

So that's been my day so far. 
Hope you're staying warm and enjoying your day.
happyone : )
What good is the warmth of summer
without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.
~Author Unkown
Comment replies:
Cheryl - The wind chill here is minus 32.  It is cold!!
Thinker -  My house is nice and warm.  We have a pellet stove which works great.  I love it and couldn't imagine living here without it. : )

12 comments:

Beth said...

It was 8 below when I got up this morning and it has warmed up to 8 above. A warming trend is heading your way.

The pigs on your walk was fun!

Happy@Home said...

It makes me cold just to read about your temperatures. I think the basement route is the way to go and had to laugh at how Ken added the farm animals.
I am hoping to get back to my cross stitch soon. I'd be happy to have it done and framed by next Christmas :).
Tacos sound really good to me. It's been awhile since I've made them.
Glad you are staying warm despite the frigid temperatures.

Kerri Farley said...

It was only -2 here - but still very cold!
and I LOVE the Bible Cover! It looks AWESOME!

Nellie said...

Love the pig!:-) Our wind chill was -15, and the low of two degrees this morning set a new record for this date!

I've spent time in the kitchen today. Having the oven on helped with some heat in there.:-)

That is a really nice Bible cover! I know you will enjoy it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Boy, you have it as cold as we do! Though we still have more snow -probably a lot more!

Vee said...

Oh I had to tell John the pig story! Too cute. It sounds purely brutal down there right now withnsuch cold weather!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the bible cover. That will be so handy! I keep the bible I use most of the time in a little bag I found at the Goodwill that was actually a cosmetics bag and it has little side pockets for pencils and things. It works perfectly and is just the right size for my bible. I do need to get a cover for my new Every Day Life Bible. By the way, I went to the library and got The Midwife of Hope River. Going to start it tonight!

o2bhiking said...

10 below is plenty cold enough. Good for you, feeding the birds.

I was in the mid-teens here where I took my lunch break walk of about 2 miles. It would have been fine without the wind, but anytime I was walking west into the wind, I felt like my face was being frozen. Art

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It's actually going to be 21 degrees here today. Heat wave!!!

Karen said...

The pigs are too funny! Hopefully it warms up soon for you and you can get back outside for your walks. You inspire me with your determination with your basement-walking.

Retired Knitter said...

Pigs ... Too funny!

I got the midwife book too as it sounds good.

Rupasi said...

I love the Bible cover!!!
And I don't know why but I kind of felt special when you answered me back on your 'Comment Replies'
Thank you so much :-)