Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Christmas Cards

It was even warmer this morning at 40 degrees!!!  No wind either.  I didn't leave until 7:00 and by then it was getting light.  I saw a bit of sun and then it got cloudy.

Stayed walking in town and just had a random walk. Remember I met Sylvia the other day? Today I met her husband Dave.  It was his turn to walk the dog.

Walked around the cemeteries and stopped to read a few tombstones.
Here's one of them.
I walked 6.2 miles - 12,477 steps.
Found a penny.
Sunrise: 7:21
Sunset: 4:53
**************************************
I spent a good part of the day writing out Christmas cards and I got them completely done.  I don't think I have ever written them all out in one day in my entire life!!!  I enjoyed doing it but am glad to have that finished.  I know a lot of people don't do Christmas cards anymore but I still enjoy doing it.  I skipped one year and really missed it.
One break I walked over to see Sherry at the hair salon to see where I should drop off the Welsh Cookies for the bake sale but she wasn't there so I still have the cookies here at home.
Another break I walked over to the library to drop off some videos that the grands watched when they were here.  We had gotten a whole bunch for them to pick from.  Only watched two of them.

Two friends from church were in the neighborhood and stopped by for a little visit.

I started reading Orphan Train which is the book club selection for this month which meets a week from today.  I am happy to say that I already like it.  : )

I made a few extra Welsh Cookies and I'm going to have a few of them for my snack later.  One thing really nice about those cookies is that each one is only 40 calories.

Hope you had a sunny and happy day.
happyone : )
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
What if Christmas......perhaps........means a little bit more!
~ Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas

7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

As you already know, I also enjoy doing Christmas cards and I always get mine out early so I can hear back from as many people as possible. To me, it is an enjoyable part of Christmas. Those Welsh Cookies sound so good. Did you share the recipe and I missed it?? I had a visit from a couple of ladies from our church today too! Enjoy your evening and see you tomorrow!

Happy@Home said...

Congratulations on getting your cards all done in one day. I haven't even started yet. I do like to send them too. It seems like every year we receive less. I hate to think of the day when they become extinct.
Sounds like you had a nice day. I'll have to look into the book.

Vee said...

Now I'm wondering what two you watched. Christmas cards are low on my list this year, but I may get around to it. One never knows!

Nellie said...

You have my hearty congratulations on completing those cards in one day!

Those cookies sound like my kind of cookie - only 40 calories each!

Terra said...

All your Christmas cards in one day, I admire you. I wrote out two today; it is a start. I love this tradition and you can display the cards rather than an email card.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I like reading tombstones in really old cemeteries. There's on old cemetery next to my mom and dad's house with dates from the 1800s. I find it fascinating.

Kerri Farley said...

I am still debating on whether to do some this year. Congrats on getting yours done :)