Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 30, 2013

At Home Today

The weather has turned cold again and this morning every thing had a coating of ice on it.  At 7:30 I decided to give walking a try,  bundled up and put the ice grippers on my shoes.  It was okay walking on the gravel behind the garage but when I hit the driveway it felt slippery even with the ice grippers.  I took baby steps down to the end of the driveway and just didn't feel comfortable so I went back in the house and walked in the basement. Today I listened to Bad Attitude by Meatloaf.  It has some good walking songs on it.  I walked five miles down there!!
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
The weather has been a roller coaster ride with temperatures going up and down.  It was misting out for a while and then we had snow flurries.  It looked like someone sprinkled icing sugar over everything and now it's just snowing.  And it's over ice so it's a good day to stay inside.

I got some cleaning done today.  Didn't clean the library where the Christmas tree is because I'll do that room when I take down the tree on New Years Day.

Ken cut a piece of homasote for me and I painted it blue.  I'm going to use it for a bulletin board in my office.  It's downstairs drying now.  I'll take a picture once it's hanging on the wall.  With a bulletin board I'll be able to keep things from crowding up on my desk.

I plan on doing a little counted cross stitch before supper.  Having the left over lasagna from the other day so no cooking for me today.  I'll just throw together a salad and we'll be set.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )
Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear
To love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!
I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!
- William Arthur Ward

7 comments:

Beth said...

It is so cold here today. The weather is still at a below zero wind chill. That was a smart move you made not walking on the ice.

Happy@Home said...

I agree with Beth... smart move on your walking today.
I'm anxious to see your new bulletin board. Sounds like a good organizational tool to start the new year.
My cross stitch fell by the wayside weeks ago. I have good intentions for finishing it up after the holiday season. I'll have a jump on next Christmas. Ha.
Enjoy your dinner. Sounds yummy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you walked inside today...us "young" people do need to be careful about falling. That bulletin board is a really great idea for organization. I have an old bulletin board in the garage...you have given me an idea for possibly using that to get more organized. Don't you love how I am such a "copy cat"? Hope you don't mind. You have great ideas. We have been cleaning up here today...tree down and we have also taken an old aquarium down because the lone living fish died. Stay warm in all that ice!

Vee said...

It's wonderful that you've figured out a way to walk in the house. Getting five miles in that way is pretty amazing. We are having one storm after another. These are the days I most need something constructive to do (besides mopping up from a leaky roof and stuff like that).

Nellie said...

Not a bad idea to do your walking indoors! I would more than likely have fallen before you headed back to the house! I don't have a good track record for walking on ice.

Enjoy the warmth of your lovely home!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your new bulletin board. I have one in my bedroom and it helps me remember important things.
Glad you have an alternative to walking outside when it's dangerous.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy 2014 to you and yours. My wish for you is a year full of lots of JOY, PEACE, LOVE and BLESSINGS.

Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy