Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

10

Another one of those cold mornings and this was another 2 degrees colder at 10!!  That is the coldest so far.  There was hardly any wind today though so it really wasn't bad.  I always say if you have on the proper clothes you really do stay warm.  The only thing to get cold are my cheeks and on these very cold mornings I put a bit of Vaseline on them and my lips.  Seems to do the trick. 
I had a random walk all over the place today.  Went up a road called Barn Sale which is quite a hill to walk up.  I've walked this way before but always turn around part way.  Today I walked to the end where there was sign that said end state maintenance.  Nice walking down the hill.  White cow lives on a farm along this road.  I had quite a view walking along.

Lone chicken and friends actually had corn in their food bowl today! : )

Don't see con trails very often around here but this morning I saw two of them while walking in one of the cemeteries.
I didn't see any deer or rabbits but I did see tracks for both.

I saw Mike walking around town today and we stopped for a little chat. He was the only person I saw not in a car!

I walked 6 miles - 11,751 steps.
Sunrise: 7:13
Sunset: 4:55
                                         
We were home today just doing things around the house.  We went out late in the afternoon to the library and then went to a few stores looking for after dinner mints and can't find them any where.  The little sugary square kind that come in different colors and melt in your mouth.  It is something we have every year and with David coming I really wanted to have them.  We still have a couple of places to look yet.  Maybe I could find a recipe to make them.

We had dinner out at the Santa Fe Grill.  Monday's they give a 25% discount if you are over 50.  : )  The food was good though Ken thought everything was a bit dry.
(thanks Cheryl for telling us about it)

That's it for today. 
Hope your Monday was sunny and bright.
happyone : )
Hem your blessings with thankfulness
so they don't unravel.
~ Unknown
Comment replies:
Cheryl - Oh, yes, the car slid!!  Ken has already fixed the brake.

7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Well, it has been a long while since I've felt 10 degrees! That is pretty cold. We were all shivering here because it got down into the 50s last night. We are cold weather wusses here in Phoenix! I love those melt-in-your mouth dinner mints too and we have found them at CVS if you have one of those in your town. I have some in my pantry and may go get one right now! Have a wonderful evening and do stay warm and cozy tonight!

Nellie said...

It has been a long time since we have had only 10 degrees here! I think I am a bit of a "softie," and wouldn't be brave enough to head out.

Those mints may be at Walgreens, if there is one of those somewhere nearby.

Stay warm!

Vee said...

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any after dinner mints either. I always liked those little butter mints from Hickory Farms, too. Funny how the entire country is looking for special little treats that make it Thanksgiving for their family.

o2bhiking said...

It was about 17 here which is cold for November. If you are walking vigorously, you can stay warm even in cold air except as you said the face. Enjoy the day! Art

Cheryl said...

I love those mints. I've bought them at Weiss. I hope you find them. Super Walmart?

I loved the soup at Santa Fe with corn chowder, black beans, etc. Maybe try again?

I was sweating this morning but my face was cold.

Cheryl said...

PS I swam at my new gym tonight. Delightful!!

Happy@Home said...

The pictures from your walk are very pretty. I'll take your word for keeping warm as long as you're dressed for it. I've really gotten wimpy about cold weather. Hard to believe I ever lived in Michigan.
From now on when I'm out and about I'll be looking for those mints. I seem to think I've seen them in Big Lots, but I wouldn't swear to it. Hope you find them in time for your visitors.