Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Misty but warm

I was surprised that it was a warm 60 degrees this morning!!  More fog and mist around and this time I wore my rain paints and yellow slicker too.  The slicker works good on misty days but on rainy days the water drips inside somehow and I end up getting wet anyway.  But today it worked good.  Another random walk around town.

Just after I took the picture a rabbit went racing in front of me and went right across the cemetery.  Boy did he move fast!!!   I saw one cow all alone.  It's unusual to just see one on its own.

A saw one man walking his dog.  We stopped and talked for a bit.  I see him once in awhile but don't know is name yet.

As always it was nice to start my day with a walk.
I walked 6 miles - 11,966 steps
Sunrise: 7:30
Sunset: 6:35
************************************
Ken didn't get around to painting the second coat last night but he was at it again when I got back from my walk and finished later in the morning.  I love the color - a cheery light blue!!

It's been a rainy, dreary kind of day and we just did things around the house.  Looking forward to tomorrow when the new counter tops arrive and then getting things back to order.

Just popping out to Subway this evening for subs. 

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
There ought to be a way to combine "autumn" and "morning"
into one word, the combination of the two 
is special enough to be its own entity.
~Terri Guillemets

6 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE the quote!
We've had a dreary day here too!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds nice. Believe it or not, sunshine all the time can get boring. I love a nice cloudy dreary day now and then. Enjoy your subs and good luck with the new counter tops!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is one of the few times it's been warmer where you are than where I am :)

o2bhiking said...

I like the picture of Mother Nature's carpet! It is really mild here as well. Enjoy the day! Art

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly certain we didn't reach 60 today. It was rainy and chilly. We went out for our dinner tonight and the car thermometer said 47 degrees. Of course, come March, that will feel pretty good!

Looking forward to seeing your finished kitchen work!

~Lindy

Vee said...

I am smiling because Ken did the second coat and because TODAY is THE day! So happy and excited for you.