Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Another car event

We had fun at the demolition derby last night.  I had never been to one before.  Boy the abuse a car can take and keep on running!!  It didn't start until 8:00 so we got home late and when I woke up this morning at 6:00 I turned over and went back to sleep.
I got up at 7:00 and then went for my walk.  Only walked 4 miles because of the late start and we had things to do but still it was a good walk.  I walked around town and around all the cemeteries.
Took these couple of pictures while walking.

Very quiet around town, didn't see anyone and only a couple of cars passed.
This last picture I took once I got back home.  The first tree is in our property and you can see my swing under it.
Sunrise 7:11
Sunset 7:04
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The demolition derby last night was the opening for a car show this weekend at the fair grounds so we went again today.  It was a bit disappointing because there were hardly any cars there but I thought this one was nice.
At 5:00 there was another car event.  This one was a Mud Bog.  Never been to one of those before either but I really didn't enjoy this mud thing.  We left after an hour and a half.  Where did we go?  To the State Mountain Brewery for pizza. : )  

 Hope you had a sunny kind of day.
 happyone : )
Happiness often sneaks in through a door
you didn't know you left open.
~ John Barrymore

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

The trees are changing so fast. Amazing what difference two weeks can make. I've never been to a demolition derby. I probably never will :)
Enjoy your Sunday!

Kerri Farley said...

I've never been to a Demolition Derby but I always thought it would be fun!! LOVE those Trees in your shots!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have never been to a demolition derby either, but car shows are fun. We used to have two old vintage Mustangs so we have been to a few car shows. I like the "Coke" car you photographed. Brings back memories of drive-ins like A & W where I used to really like to go as a child! It was always a special treat. Sounds like you have had a fun and interesting weekend. Enjoy your Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I wish we still had curb service.
Thanks for the pictures. Love the red car. I have been to a demolition derby before and often watched them on TV. I've been to several classic car shows and enjoy them too. What a fun weekend you had. Mary Jo

Vee said...

I always think those demolition derbies must be rough on the human participants! Glad that you are finding ways to keep having fun!