Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Some work at HT

50 degrees this morning and a sunny one.  Another walk around town. 

I saw one woman walking around one of the cemeteries.  She was wearing headphones and didn't say anything.

I saw a blue bird, lots of rabbits, and a ground hog.  There were a lot of crows around too.

It was a quiet and peaceful and so beautiful to be out walking early in the morning.

Oh and I found a penny.  That doesn't happen very often around here.
Walked 6 miles which was 11,536 steps today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I went with Ken up to Happy Trails this morning and we cut down lots of trees that were hanging over the driveway.  We worked till lunch time but didn't quite finish and didn't feel like going back after lunch. We had to get it cleared out quite high because we are going to take the travel trailer down to the house and sell it.  Don't need it anymore since we live just a couple of miles away. 

After lunch I walked over to see my new hairstylist Sheri.  That too is just down the street - only .2 of a mile!!  I gave Sheri the instructions that Cheryl gave me for my hair color so she could order the stuff.  She said it would be here next week and I made an appointment for next week Thursday.  I'm long over due and my roots are really showing.  I'll have to wear my ball cap around! : )  Sheri has a little place and she is the only hairstylist there and works Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Today I met a Mrs Alexander, an older lady who lives in town.  We all had a nice chat while she was getting a permanent. 

I've looked once again for that Body Electric CD and still can't find the one I want.  I did find another one though so I can get started again.  Didn't today though but will tomorrow!!!  I will!  I will!

I washed the sheets today and still have to put them back on the bed so I'd better go and do that.   I like to take them right off the line and right on the bed.  : )

We are going to eat supper at Ledo's later so no cooking today.

Hope your Tuesday is happy with lots of sunshine.
happyone : )
Those who are happiest, 
never did have everything.
But rather, they are thankful for what they do have.
~ Unknown

Comment replies:
Deb - I've mentioned Cheryl quite a lot on my blog.  She is a very good friend of mine, who I met through blogging.  You can read about our meeting HERE.  She is (was) my hair stylist.  She has said many times that she would come to visit us at the new house so we just started calling the spare room her room. : )

Vee - Yes, we thought we would be moving in the end of the month.  Sure glad we went early!!!!

8 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Mmmmmm - Ledo's is a favorite of mine!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I can tell that you are just loving your new area. So nice that you are starting to meet people and get settled in. A good hair stylist is a must! So glad that your friend Cheryl is planning a visit up to your new home. It is great that you have space to accommodate guests! Do enjoy your evening! See you tomorrow.

Vee said...

Yes, you're way ahead of the game. I loved my country hairdresser who happened to be my babysitter when I was a kid. I like her best when I can have her undivided attention...not often!

Hmmm...enjoy those fresh from the line sheets tonight!

Happy@Home said...

Oh I have no doubt that you WILL... do that video. You're one of the most disciplined people when it comes to exercise.
Your area for walking does look very peaceful. I'd love to walk there.
I can't help but wonder if chocolate chippers will be going with you to the hair appt?
Your quote today is great. So true!!

Nellie said...

I am very surprised that I am able to comment on your blog! With the "glitches" that seem to be in my system, this is a real treat!:-)

I hope you will be able to sell the travel trailer quickly! Perhaps someone will want to travel around to look at the fall color!

I'm glad you have found a new hair stylist. I have had mine for over 35 years! I don't know what I'll do if she stops doing hair.:-)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Glad you have found a new hairdresser... She won't be Cheryl --but hopefully, she will do your hair like you want it... There are so many little things about moving that are hard--this being one of them. BUT--so far, you seem to have done quite well in your new community...

Hope you sell the trailer quickly..

Hugs
Betsy

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Sounds like you have quite the array of critters in your new walking area much like your old one :) my papaw used to always try to run groundhogs off cause they ate his lettuce and cabbage LOL

o2bhiking said...

Sounds like a good day! My hair color is gun-metal gray if that helps. ;^) Art