Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saying good bye

Walked 5 miles before church this morning.  I went over to the lake but there was an event going on and lots of people about so I just walked a quarter of the way around and then went up to the road.
It was a bit on the muggy side but not too bad yet and it was nice having a morning walk again.  I found 2 pennies.

These words were on the front of the church bulletin today.
The longer I serve Him
the sweeter He grows.
The more that I love Him,
more love He bestows:
Each day is like heaven,
my heart overflows,
The longer I serve Him
the sweeter He grows.
Mary Jo told me that the words are from a song.  

I got a little going away present from two ladies in my Sunday School class who are sisters, Anna and Katie.  It's a decorated rock for me to place somewhere along one of the trails at Happy Trails.  Such a kind and thoughtful thing to do.  They had no idea that I liked ladybugs!! 
I said my good-byes to my church friends today and it was really sad.  I took one last look around and as I walked out the door with Mary Jo I shed a few tears.  I will miss this church more than I can say!!  I know God must have another church lined up for me near my new home but right now I can't imagine another church like this one.

I'm off to make some chocolate chip cookies.  
Have a blessed Sunday my friends.
happyone
I saw this on a bumper sticker yesterday.
Try Church.
Walmart isn't the only saving place.

9 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad you are not moving away from your blogging friends!

I wish you much happiness in your new home!

Vee said...

Oh goodbyes are never easy... What a sweet little gift...perhaps it won't make it to the trail. It looks like a paper holder to me or one end of a picnic tablecloth holder so you'll be needing three more. Gotta wonder where God is leading in your new town. Sometimes the best place to start with a new church home is at the library. ;D

Debbie Jones said...

I love that bumper sticker. I know how attached you are to your church and your friends there. I am sure that you will be able to find another church that will also bring you close to God! God always gives us new ways to grow closer to Him. Have a good week as you get ready to go!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end :)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

How sweet of your friends...

Every time you walk by this pretty little rock, you will be happily reminded, of them.

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"

Galestorm said...

It is hard saying good bye to friends. I'm sure everyone will miss you as you will them. I am going to miss your walks around the lake. You have such a lovely area to walk in. I get bored on my trek (when I go!). I've been rather lazy lately. I know you will find more interesting places to share with us on your morning treks at your new home.

Wanda

o2bhiking said...

With every door that closes, another one opens, but that does not mean it is easy to close that door. What a nice going away gift for you. Art

renae said...

Ah ha! Didn't know about this as an active site. When I initially check it (whenever that was?) I thought you only had the photo site. Have a safe journey. I'm looking forward to more photos in your new home/area, too. :D

Debbie Jones said...

Hi Karen, I just wanted to let you know that I am taking my blog private due to some cyber security issues, but I would love to have you keep following and commenting, so please email me at cdjdhj1979 at gmail dot com and I will add you to my "approved reader list." You will then be able to access my blog when you are signed in to blogger. Thanks for your understanding. I am not leaving "blog land" and will keep reading and commenting on your blog. Thanks so much.