Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Lunch and supper with friends

A hot and humid walk this morning - the hottest one so far.  The sun was out and it was nice walking along the paths under the trees.  I walked my connect the path route.  Just a few pictures I snapped along the way.


Two more days of walking around here and I'll walk around the lake for those last days.
I saw the fox cross the street just up from my house when I got up this morning and looked out of the window but didn't seem him while walking.
It was quiet out this morning and just saw couple of people out walking dogs.
I walked 6.1 miles.
***************************************
I can't remember the last time I washed my car and it was really dirty so I washed it this morning. 
Then later at lunch time I left in a nice clean car to pick up Mary Jo and we went to Olive Garden for one last lunch out together.  Another friend Christina joined us. She is not only a friend but our Sunday School teacher and the pastor's wife too.  She is happy and fun to be around. : )  We  had an enjoyable time talking and laughing.  I  made a lasting impression by spilling a glass of water on Christina.  She was a good sport about it and just laughed.  Just glad that she was drinking water and not a soda.  At least she wasn't sticky too!!

I got to go out for supper today too.  I met Cheryl for pizza and Ken came along too.  This wasn't a good bye though because Cheryl will be up to visit us at the new house.  Mary Jo said she'd be up too.  Cheryl and Mary Jo have never met and I was thinking that perhaps they should meet and can drive up to visit me together some time.  : )

That's it for today.
Hope your day has been a happy one.
Happyone : )
Understand that dealing with life is really a matter of personal choice,
so choose to be happy.
Find joy in the simplest things,
and see beauty in each person you meet.

8 comments:

Nellie said...

This sounds like a fantastic day, even with the humidity.:-)

Vee said...

I was going to say that it was unlikely that it would be your last lunch together...friends are friends forever if The Lord's The Lord of them...

o2bhiking said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your walks and visits before you head west.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Lots of good-byes, but you aren't going THAT far away. :-)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It's been super humid here too. Speaking of foxes, there's a family of them under my girlfriend'd storage shed!

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like a great day.
How nice it would be for Cheryl and Mary Jo to meet and come for a visit together. I hope you'll do a post when that happens.

Debbie Jones said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for sticking with me while I am making changes to my blog. I think I have decided to start fresh with a brand new blog that will be a little more "cyber secure." I will send you the link when it is up and running! I hope to be able to keep more of my blogging friends because I do enjoy the different posts, comments and messages we send back and forth! I love your quote for today. The reason I have had to change my blog has been causing me quite a bit of stress the past couple of days, so I really need this timely reminder. Bare with me. I'll be sending you the link of the new blog, which will be public but hopefully not connected to the other one which has been compromised. I am trying to figure everything out now. Have a great day. Just reading your blog entries makes me relax and smile!

renae said...

Awh, yes, my doggie and I are the lofty ladies of the house; she being the "Duchess" and I, the Princess. hahahahha

Good luck on your move and your new adventure. We moved here two years ago and we love this home. I wish I had lived here for years.