Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Hair Day

I walked around the lake this morning.  It was cloudy and looked like rain so I wore my rain paints and took along my umbrella but it never did rain.  It was a warm 57 degrees and very calm.
The lily pads are starting to come up in the lake and looks like there will be a lot of them.
I saw the white egret.  It was near the shoreline but then took off as I got closer.  I also saw a little downy woodpecker but he was a quick little thing and I couldn't get a picture.

This is one of my favorite places on the path by the lake.  I like how the trees are so tall and straight.  I love walking along here.
Not very many people out this morning.
I walked 6.2 miles.

Time to go and see Cheryl again to get a hair trim and dye.  I brought along the chocolate chippers that I made last night which made a few people smile.  They asked when I moved if I would send them care packages of cookies. : )

I was pretty hungry by the time I got home.  My appointment was for 12:00 and I just forgot about lunch.  I was home at 2:30 and Ken waited for me to eat. 
While I was gone he loaded up the truck with a load for Happy Trails. 

The sun has been out today but the sky looked mighty threatening at times.  We still may get some more rain.

Well it's time to think about supper.  I'll go and poke around and see what I can find to make because I haven't planned very well for food today.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Till next time.......
Happyone : )
A friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
 Anonymous

I had a friend touch my heart today more than words can say.
THANK YOU, dear friend!!!

Comment replies:
Auntie:  The closing of the new house is July 1, but may be earlier if our townhouse sells.  The people we are buying the house from have asked to stay in the house till the end of July so we will be moving in the first of August.

8 comments:

Vee said...

Oh that's right...Cheryl is not up at Happy Trails. You'll be finding a new hairdresser and perhaps even a new lake! Is HT several hours away from the lake? Maybe it's not as far away as I thought.

Your discussion of supper prep made me smile. I was having similar difficulties, though we've made it safely through and I don't think John is any the wiser. Ha!

Beth said...

My hairdresser is one of the things that I missed so much when I moved.

Debbie Jones said...

You sound like me with dinner plans. Some weeks I do better than others. Tonight was refried bean and cheese quesadillas since that was the quickest and easiest thing at hand and I was exhausted! Sounds like you will be on your way to Happy Trails again soon, so safe travels and see you tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

I loved spending time with you yesterday. As always :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you for the 'house info.'!!!

Have a lovely weekend, up at Happy Trails.

"Auntie"

Happy@Home said...

I'm sure the gals at your hair salon will miss those chocolate chippers and probably your dentist too, unless you will be keeping the same dentist.
I can relate to that last minute scramble at dinner time. Happens often around here :).

Nellie said...

How neat that you saw the egret! Were there any leftover chocolate chippers? I haven't had those around here in a long time! They are definitely a "trigger food" for me.

o2bhiking said...

July 1 - that's great! Wow! Those egrets are usually pretty skittish.