Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Frozen Dairy Dessert

This morning it was only 27 degrees but very still so it didn't feel cold.  It was cloudy when the sun rose but not long after the sun came out to make for a nice sunny morning.
I didn't walk a regular route, nor a random one,  but a combination of two regular routes.  It took me along paths, sidewalks and this trail behind the school along the little stream.
A very quiet walk and it was mostly just me and the birds.  I saw one deer and only two other people walking.
I love these quiet early morning walks.
This walk was 12,113 steps.
Sunrise 7:19
Sunset 4:45
********************
Yesterday after supper we went out to do a couple of errands and stopped to get some ice cream.  We got Breyers because it was on sale.  Actually it isn't even ice cream but they call it a Frozen Dairy Dessert.  Anyway it tasted just like ice cream and was very good.  I'd never had this delicious flavor before!!
Got some bread going the bread machine and then I baked some chocolate chippers again today.  These are for Ken to take to work on Monday.  They are having a Christmas Brunch at work and I was asked to bake the cookies.  They only need 36 cookies so we can keep the rest. : )

I got Ken's Christmas presents wrapped and under the tree.  He can look but not touch.  That is a rule we have!!

I packed up some things to take up to Happy Trails.  We are leaving early tomorrow morning.  Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 40's.  Should be good working weather.  If possible I'll be posting tomorrow evening from the MacDonald's parking lot.

Still have to clean up the kitchen and then think about supper.  

Till next time......
Hope you are happy today.
Happyone : )
This is Christmas:
not the tinsel,
not the giving and receiving,
not even the carols,
but the humble heart that
receives anew the wondrous gift,
the Christ.
~Helen Keller

9 comments:

Beth said...

I have never had that flavor of ice cream before. It really sounds good!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Chocolate Orea Cookie and Cream??? Don't mind if I do!!!

Happy@Home said...

I quit buying Breyer's years ago because I didn't think it was very creamy. Maybe I need to give them another try.
Hope your trip to Happy Trails is a good one.

Debbie Jones said...

That ice cream sounds so good. I hope it is still on sale when I go shopping tomorrow...I might get some! Have a great weekend.

Nellie said...

Yum! Sounds like a delicious "frozen dairy dessert!" It sounds like you have a busy week-end planned.

Kerri Farley said...

Have Fun at Happy Trails!!

Vee said...

Have a good journey up to Happy Trails. Breyer's always reminds me of the "ice milk" we used to have when I was a kid. It's a little "thinner" and not so creamy. Still sweet , cold, and yummy!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

The little stream is beautiful, even in winter...

Hope your Happy Trails weekend is productive. :-)

"Auntie"
From 'The Land That Snow Forgot'

Anonymous said...

Big fan of your blog, but for the love of God, it's McDonald's !!