Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Two walks

I tried
I voted
But Obama won
Same sex marriage is now legal in Maryland
And we now have expanded gambling

I ask God
What are you thinking
But He has a plan
I trust in Him

I think surely 
The end times are closing in.

But I am still happy
I will still be a light
And try to brighten my small part in the world. : )
********************
A short walk for me this morning 3.8 miles because I had to get home to take Ken to his appointment.  
It was 34 degrees and cloudy so I didn't get to see a sunrise.  I walked down the street and around a complex of office buildings.  
I walked along this red curb checking out my balance.
I kept my balance the whole time.  I thought how easy it is to do right on the ground and how I wouldn't be able to walk that if it was 10 feet off the ground. : )

I found a dime and a nickel.
Sunrise 6:42
Sunset 4:59
********************
All went very well with Ken.  He has a clean bill of health and is good for the next 10 years.  : ) 
We were back home a little after 11:00.  Ken finally got to eat and I left him reading and I went for another walk. Felt a little cheated about my short walk this morning.
I walked directly to the lake and stayed on the main path all the way around and then straight home.  That was 4.8 miles.  By this time the temperature was up to 45 degrees and it was still cloudy with a bit of a breeze.
I saw the heron and there were lots of geese but they were all quiet just sitting around on the water.
Some people there, but no one I knew - different time, different people.  Once I got walking it seemed like it was early morning yet and not in the middle of the day.  Probably because of the cloudy day.
***********************
This afternoon I have a few chores to do and then will read or knit.
The temperature is dropping and it feels like rain.

Hope its a sunny day where you are.
Happyone
 A pessimist only sees the dark side of the clouds, and mopes;
a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs;
an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all -
he's walking on them.
~Leonard L. Levinson

13 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yeah it is a sad day for many of us who had hoped for a different outcome. You are right, we have to be optimistic and remember that God is in control. Life goes on and it is nice to think of things other than politics for a while now!

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear that all went well with Ken's test. I had that done last month. Always a good feeling when it's over.
That red tree on your walking trail really stands out nicely. It's also lined up perfectly across from your red car on the sidebar. :)

Beth said...

Wonderful news that Ken's test went well!

Kerri said...

Yay for Ken! Glad it went well!

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! I am trying to walk weekdays and try to walk 3 miles each time.

I was saddened by the election returns too, but God has a plan. I am sorry those laws were passed In Maryland. My niece is bringing up 3 daughters there.

I am glad Ken's test turned out well. I had that test a couple of months ago and it changed my life forever. No more popcorn, nuts or seeds. All is well tho popcorn was my favorite snack and I had almonds almost every day.

I am making another pair of slippers from the pattern you shared a while back. Have lost count of how many pair I have made :)
Blessings,
Diane in Alabama

Suz said...

oh you dear one
the best walk is with God
you cheered me up
greatly today
and yes, we must trust
but I still ask why

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

That one tree with the red leaves must have made your walk worthwhile!

Unknown said...

What?! Wow mom. Guess your god does have a plan for you, ...distance your children an grandchildren further from you than they already are.

SusieCraft said...

This comment was unnecessary and intentionally cruel. I rarely post comments, but this was just beyond the pale.

dot said...

I agree!

Retired Knitter said...

Well I guess I am in the minority on this blog. I voted for Obama and he won and I am glad for that.

I wish I had the strong opinion like so many do that "the other guy" has the answers. I don't believe our problem is our President - I think it is our congress and our current party politics - on both sides. Anyway, the majority has spoken and whether you are for Obama or against him, all should be for our president as our National Leader - until the next time our population "speaks" in the voting booth.

Anyway I have been personally off my "own game" with walking and with everything else. Too many personal distractions with a higher priority. Today I walked and I can tell I have lost some conditioning.

See you sometime after Thanksgiving.

Retired Knitter said...

And to the last "Anonymous" commentor.

If you feel strongly enough to leave an ugly comment, you should be brave enough to provide a name!

SusieCraft said...

I voted for President Obama as well. I agree that we all as Americans must stand behind our elected President once the election is over and the American people have spoken. America is a wonderful country where we all have the freedom to speak up about our opinions, agree or disagree, and then hopefully come together again.