Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pumpkin pie and bread

A chilly 27 degrees outside this morning.  It was very still and there was a bit of fog around in places, but that quickly gave way to bright sunshine.
I walked one of my connect the path routes.  Saw four deer along the way and a blue jay.  There were some small gray birds with white on their bellies and a strip of white on their wings that I saw when they flew away.  I looked them up in my bird book and I'm pretty sure they were Juncos.

There were a few people here and there that I saw during my walk.  Most of them were walking dogs.

With the sun being out and no wind I actually got quite warm and had to unzip my coat and take my hood down.
 
It was really nice out there this morning and great that I was able to be out walking.
It was a lucky day for finding coins.
2 pennies
1 dime
1 quarter
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:58
Sunset 4:48
********************
Today was a home day and I did some baking for Thanksgiving.  I baked some Pumpkin Bread.  This recipe is great because it makes 3 big loaves.  Here's the batter all mixed up and ready to be put in the pans and then baked.  Licking the bowl is a bonus. : )
For the recipe click HERE.

I also baked a Pumpkin Pie and yes, I do make the crust. This is the same pie I've been baking for years and years.  It gets baked every Thanksgiving.  Very rarely do I ever bake it at any other time of year.  The recipe is HERE.

Talked to my friend Bernice on the phone and had a nice catch up with her.  I do so wish she lived close.  She's been my friend my whole life. : )  We' never lived close to each other all our adult lives but we still have remained close all these years.

Hope you're having a happy day and don't feel stressed about the holiday.  Take time to enjoy the day and let others help!
Happyone : )
It is delightfully easy to thank God 
for the grace we ourselves have received, 
but it requires great grace to thank God always 
for the grace given to others.
~James Smith

Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent lifting of the heart
 to God in honor and praise for His goodness.
~Robert Casper Lintner

3 comments:

Mary said...

Lovely Thanksgiving to you.

Beth said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kerri Farley said...

Happy Thanksgiving!