Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

For Sale Again

26 degrees out there this morning but it was very still and the air was crisp and clear and the sun came out.  It sounds a lot colder than it felt.
I walked over to the lake and just before I get there, there is open field and today I saw a deer ran all out across it.  I don't usually get to see them in such an open space to watch them run.  He ran across the field, hopped over the path and ran into the woods. They can really move and it was amazing to stand there and watch.
Farther on my walk I counted 4 more deer and saw the kingfisher again.  

When the sun was coming up it spread a pinkish tinge over everything.  It was so pretty.
One man must have thought it was a lot warmer out than it was because he was running in shorts and a tee shirt.  I took a picture after he passed me up.  I asked if he was cold and his answer was, "Not yet!"
There were a handful of other people out and the rest of them were dressed for winter!

I came across this birds nest in a little tiny tree.  The nest looks big in the picture but it is actually very small - only about a couple inches across.
After walking around the lake I took a longer way home.  It was just so nice out that I felt like walking a little longer.  I was actually getting warm and pulled my hood down.  I thought now that the sun was out it must be getting warmer out.  Funny when I got home it was still only 28 degrees!!

I found 2 pennies and a quarter.
Walked 7.7 miles.
Sunrise 7:03
Sunset 4:46
******************** 
I've been home so far today and just doing a few chores around the house with breaks of reading in between things.  I've also started knitting purple scarf for a friend.

The woman that put a contract on the old house has backed out of the deal so we are back to square one with selling it.  After the inspector came and found a couple minor things wrong, like the sump pump has to be replaced and a minor electrical thing in the garage which are legitimate things and we have no problem fixing them and will still do them. 
Then the buyer listed all these ridiculous items that we just refused to do.  One was to replace the brick sidewalk out front because the bricks are uneven and are a tripping hazard.  Another thing was the walls are bumpy - the walls are plaster and lathe and we certainly weren't going to tear all the walls out and put in drywall.  Another thing was she wanted the stairs in the house replaced because they were too steep, narrow and dangerous!!!  The walls and the stairs are part of the charm of a 112 year old house.  I don't know why she even put in an offer.  She needs a NEW house.  Oh well, she just wasn't the right person for my lovely old house.  There is someone out there who will love it. : )

Now I'm off to do my exercises and will probably do a little more reading later on this afternoon.
Hope all is well in your part of the world.
A happy day to you.
Happyone
He who has not Christmas in his heart
will never find it under a tree.
~Roy L. Smith
Comment replies:
Auntie - The gun is a 22 Beretta automatic and uses 22LR bullets.  
Vee - Hunting season for deer opened in Md Thanksgiving.  Don't know when it ends, but it seems hunting season for some animal is always open.

11 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

How Awesome to see a Kingfisher!!
Sorry about the house ... but I"m sure you'll find the right buyer!!

Vee said...

Oh. That stinks. About the house. About hunting season. I hope that you don't see too many deer from now on because that will mean they're not hiding.

You have just the right attitude about the woman who wants a new house. Exactly. When buying an older home, one must take it with all its quirks, which is what makes it so charming. Someone with better sense will come along. Praying that it will be soon. I'd be tempted to hire your own house inspector. I'm pretty sure that we did and left it up to the buyer to invest again of they so wished. We also purchased an insurance plan for the new buyers on all major appliances and the furnace.

Debbie Jones said...

Hope you find the right buyer soon. Our daughter is trying to sell her house is Tucson. Originally they were told the house would appraise for $109,000. They had an immediate buyer for $109,000 but then the real appraisal came in at $150,000. The buyer said no, so now they have payments on their home in Tucson and rent on their place in Utah and they will probably just have to let the house go. They can't afford both payments. The real estate market has really been messed up. So sad for a young family trying to build a financial future.

♥ Helen said...

Hello :) I hope you are fine. It is always nice to see deers :)
I hope the right person will buy your old house and fall in love with it. I guess so. Good luck.

Happy@Home said...

That is a sweet little nest.
How disappointing about the sale of your house. The lady sounds like she is being rather unrealistic. You're right, the right person will come along and appreciate the character of an old house. Hope it will be soon.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, I had to laugh to myself when reading about the problems trying to sell a house. We now have G's Daddy's house on the market... Have 3 offers ---so we are busy 'dickering'... Amazing what some people want!!!!!! ha

You will sell that gorgeous old home... The 'right' person will come along....

Have a good evening.
Hugs,
Betsy

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love the bird's nest picture!! Oh, and I love your blog as well :)

Beth said...

I have faith that your lovely old house will go to the right person.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwww, sorry about the house. But no sale ever seems to go smoothly, any more. Silly woman, she was not the buyer you want, for your house!

That's a REAL hand gun!!! Good for you! I have more questions, but I will ask them in e-mail. :-)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I agree with Auntie, no sale seems to go smoothy these days. I was wondering, may I follow your blog?

Anonymous said...

I'm behind on reading your blog and just learned that the buyer backed out. I've had such experiences and it is stressful, but a better thing comes along as a result. You have the right attitude.