Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A nice relaxing day

A gorgeous morning - 58 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze.  I walked down the road turned right and walked to the little wet land park and walked around the little pond there.
A heron was standing at the edge and I saw a deer.  A couple were walking their three dogs around the pond.  They were the only people I saw there.
This is a footbridge down at one end of the pond that I walked over.
On the way home instead of going back the same way I took this road here which I figured would come out on the main road I walked on, just farther up the road.
It was a nice road to walk along rustling through the fallen leaves and looking at all the pretty houses and yards.  It was pretty hilly and I went up and down quite a few hills.  I was just beginning to think that maybe this road wasn't going to come out where I thought it would and then up ahead there was the road. : )  From there I just walked the rest of the way home the way I had come.

My little detour was a little farther than I had anticipated and I ended up walking 7.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:49
Sunset 7:15
********************
I've had a nice relaxing day around the house.  Only did the basic house stuff.  I read for a while and just puttered about. 
Hope all went well with your day.
Happyone : )
 We spend most of our time and energy 
in a kind of horizontal thinking.
We move along the surface of things 
but there are times when we stop.
We lose ourselves in a pile of leaves 
or its memory.
We listen and breezes from a whole other world 
begin to whisper.
~James Carroll

7 comments:

Vee said...

It was such a pretty day and much cooler without a lot of humidity. Today was the first truly fallish day thus far this year. Guess it's time. Autumn is just a week away.

Glad that you had another nice walk. I'm sure that the possibilities are pretty limitless in your area.

Terra said...

I really like where you walk, and this pond is a beauty.

♥ Helen said...

I love your two first photos today ღ
Happy fall to you.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

NEAT quote there... :-)

"Auntie"

KathyA said...

I cannot think of a better time to walk than this time of year and in this perfect weather. Such joy!!

I'm sorry -- but I've lost the recipe for you FAMOUS chocolate chip cookies. :( Could you steer me in the right direction? Thanks, Kathy

Happy@Home said...

Relaxing days and cooler weather sound like a nice combination to me. I had a very relaxing day today as the rain poured down. I read a book from start to finish.
Love that first photo with the trees reflecting into the water.

Zenserly said...

I love walking along rustling fallen leaves too...enjoyed the peaceful relaxing virtual walk with you...and yes smiling here at the goodness of life you described :-)