Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Old Jeans

This morning I walked my connect the paths route.  The temperature was 65 so a bit cooler than it has been the last few days.  Still warm but I didn't come home soaking wet.  I'm probably going to be wishing for some of these warm mornings when I'm walking in the winter in the teens. : )
 I saw the deer with her two young ones and a couple more deer later on.
Quite a few people along the paths too.  Most of them walking dogs.
A lot of the sidewalks are getting repaired and new concrete poured.  Must be getting things fixed up for school which starts in a couple of weeks.  Though why the sidewalks need to be fixed for that I don't know.  Kids don't walk to school around here.  They can't even walk to the bus stop!!
As always, my walk was a perfect way to start my day.
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 6:13
Sunset 8:12
********************
Knitting day today so off to the mill I went.  I parked in the driveway of the old house and walked over to the mill which is only a block or so away because I had to get the label off a paint can out of the house.
It was a nice morning of knitting and talking with knitting friends.  A smallish group of us there today with only 11 people.

Driving on the way home I had to stop the car for some deer crossing the street.  I counted one, two, three, four, five baby deer who all were very young.  Then two adults crossed over.  My camera was tucked way in my purse so I couldn't get a picture of any of them, but what a treat to see.

I have a favorite old pair of jeans that are so comfortable that I just don't want to throw them away.  They have lots of rips and holes in them and are really thin but they make good around the house pants.  I was going to throw them out last night but I ended up throwing them in the laundry.  : )  Just can't make myself throw them out yet.  Do you have a hard time throwing old jeans away too?
Here's what mine look like!
Nothing planned for this afternoon, just enjoying my time at home.
Hope your making your day a good one.
Happyone
There is only one way to happiness
and that is to cease worrying
about things which are beyond the power of our will.
~Epictetus

11 comments:

Beth said...

I have some favorite old jeans but none quite that far gone. lol If you feel comfortable in them then definitely keep them.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Hey there!!! You snuck into my son's house next door, and took HIS OLD WORN JEANS on him! -gggggggles-

"Auntie"

♥ Helen said...

I love my old jeans too :)

Nellie said...

I've never had any jeans reach that point. I'm not often wearing jeans, though. I'm just happy that the jeans from a year ago still fit.:)

Vee said...

You're going to be in trouble with those jeans someday...the final thread is going to let go and there you'll be in your underwear. LOL! How about some cute little patches done on the inside peeking out...some cute little print or something? They do look comfortable!

Oh you must start wearing your camera around your neck, Karen. You have too many good things going on down there.

dot said...

I couldn't help but laugh at your jeans! Enjoy them as long as you can.

Retired Knitter said...

No, I don't have old jeans. I really like sweats pants better. I have some that look pretty bad, but they don't have holes. :-)

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you witnessed the
deer parade! They were very fortunate that it was one of their friends driving the car! MJ

Anonymous said...

You've certainly had your wear out of the jeans - they look quite fashionable! How lucky you were to see the family of deer cross in front of you.

Anonymous said...

I really love those jeans. They certainly present many possibilities. Don't get me wrong. Haha.

Mary said...

Those are well loved, utilized jeans...keep on holding on to them.