Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Hot and sticky

out there walking this morning - 74 and very humid.  I walked down a couple of paths and a couple of roads between paths.
Here things look lush and green by the water and you can see the haze above the trees.
Walking along the the road I saw two baby deer when I looked down in the woods.  They stood still and I took their picture.  They are kind of hard to see down there, hope you can see find them.
Just ahead I walked down the path and saw a grown deer who must have been there mom.  I saw two more deer later on too.
I passed some cone flowers with three gold finches were eating the seeds for breakfast.
People out running, walking, biking, and pushing baby strollers.  Quite a lot of activity for an early hot Saturday morning.
Found the first coins of the month - a dime and a penny.
Didn't quite make the 6 mile mark this morning.  Walked 5.7 and I must have drank a quart of water when I got home!!
Sunrise 6:11
Sunset 8:16
********************
Ken left to go to work at the old house while I was out walking.  He plans on spending the whole day over there.  One of the things he will be doing is power washing the house. He loves that job and it should keep him nice and cool.

In the morning I walked down to church to watch and support the musical pastor of our church get questioned by a panel of pastors.  This is part of the process of him becoming an ordained pastor.  He stood for 2 hours and 15 minutes getting questioned about his life, beliefs and church doctrine.  It was quite an ordeal and I thought he did a great job.  He spoke well and seemed at ease answering all the hard questions. 
Then all the pastors went off to discuss how he did.  Just 5 minutes later they came back with a recommendation of YES.  Now tomorrow morning during church the church members will vote yes or no on the recommendation. If it is yes, there is a ceremony tomorrow evening at church for Pastor Bob and it becomes official.
Pastor Bob has my yes vote!! : )
I wasn't going to go first but I'm glad I did.  I'd never been to anything like it before and actually learned quite a lot.
I could have stayed at church for lunch but decided to come on home and had lunch here.

I plan on doing very little the rest of afternoon.  I'm enjoying my book so I'll read some more of that. 

We plan to go out eat somewhere for dinner which is a nice thing to look forward to.

Hope your day is a happy one.
Happyone
We shall never know all the good
that a simple smile can do.
~Mother Teresa

4 comments:

Beth said...

I saw the deer!

I hope the rest of your weekend is nice!

Anonymous said...

I spotted four bright shining eyes, then saw the rest of the deer!
MJ

Zenserly said...

there's the deer! loved reading your thoughts for the day...looking forward to learning what you had for dinner....you added a smile to my day as always :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes I spotted them too - their eyes shine so brightly. How many Pastors do you have in your church? Enjoy your day and your meal out.