Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

At the old house

The temperature was 63 degrees this morning and actually quite pleasant for walking.  I took this picture of the sky just as I got to the lake.
So nice walking around the lake.  Not a lot of people about but I did see some of the regulars. Only one fishing boat today.
I saw a few rabbits and deer scattered around the lake.  A few geese and ducks were around as well.  There are three deer in this picture, though they are a bit blurry and far so you might not be able to find them. They are on the side of the path straight ahead.  I took the path to the right which leads back down to the lake.
No coins today but yesterday I found a quarter and a dime!
This morning I took 12,585 steps on my walk.
Sunrise 6:19
Sunset 8:05
********************
Ken worked on the old house (112 years old) getting it ready for sale the last two days so today it was my turn to go over and do a little work.  My job is to clean the inside of it.  I got over there about 9:30 and spent four hours cleaning and got the upstairs done.  I cleaned the bathroom including the window.  The bathroom has an old claw foot bathtub which I always loved.
There are two bedrooms and I washed the five windows , washed the floors, and put up curtains.  The house has a wooden stairway original to the house and I gave that a good washing too.  The upstairs now is completely clean and empty. I feel good that I got that done. : )  Next time I'll continue on with the living room. 

When I got home I had some lunch and now here I am on the computer for a while.  I don't feel like doing ANY cleaning in this house today! I think I've done enough for one day!

I plan on sitting out on the deck and reading later on.

Hope your day is sunny and bright.
Happyone
A cheerful friend is like a sunny day
spreading brightness all around.
~John Lubcock

Comment reply:
Auntie - Yes, I have read Wicked years ago and really liked it.  Didn't like the sequel Son of a Witch though and didn't finish it.

7 comments:

Terra said...

The first photo is spectacular.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, Looks like you worked hard (so did Ken) on the old house. I know you both will be glad when you get it finished and sold...

Beautiful sky picture..

Hugs,
Betsy

♥ Helen said...

I can see the deers :)
Yes you have really done enough cleaning for today.
I think it was so fun that you have a food journal as well. Do you write every day or do you sometimes have breaks?

Beth said...

The sky photo is lovely!'

Yes, I think you have done enough cleaning for one day. ;-)

Vee said...

Hopefully, that house will sell soon. It's been tough in this stagnant housing market.
Yes, I think that you did do quite enough housework for the day.

Lovely photo of a morning sky.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I would say you did a full week's worth of cleaning, just in one day, my Dear. Good to get done, but no more for the day!!!!

Thank you for replying to my question of Did You Read "Wicked"? You did. And enjoyed it. Thank you.

Perhaps I tried to read it in too long gulps or something. 100 pages one day and 100 pages the next day. And kind of burned myself out. -grin-

So I switched to a book with a more simple plot, to get my *reading legs* back. :-)

Beautiful photo btw. Beautiful sky!

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"

Anonymous said...

Your old house sounds to have some very interesting features - I would love to see the old staircase, bath tub etc. I love to look through old houses. Sounds to have been a full day for you.