Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 23, 2012

Walk and home

It was a cloudy, warm, muggy morning with a temperature of 68 degrees.  I really missed my walk yesterday and was so glad to be out this morning walking once again.  As you can see by the picture it was foggy over by the lake.
Quite a few people out but not much wildlife to be seen this morning.  Just a couple of rabbits.  Strange that there were just a few geese around when usually there are so many.  Wonder where they all went.
Snapped this picture walking along the path.
By the time I got back home the sun was trying to break through the clouds and it finally did soon after.
I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:00
Sunset 8:27
********************
Since the sun came out I got a couple loads of laundry hung up on the line.
I'm just home today doing stuff around the house.  

A happy Monday to you. 
Happyone
If you wait to do everything
until you're sure it's right,
you'll probably never do 
much of anything.
~Win Borden

Comment replies
Auntie - Yes, my neighbor mentions his wife Teresa quite a lot. 

Dot - Welcome back.  : ) Thanks for the comment.

Beth Canada - I've been working on the polio vaccination now and have 15 of them.  Days of Water 20 and  Parking-spot size rain forest 4.  Just today I've opened up the second fogged island on MyLand so now I can build on that too.   Happy Stepping. : )

6 comments:

Beth said...

The scenes are beautiful, especially the second one.

Vee said...

I hope that that last bit is a foreign language because I don't understand any of it.

Oh, I'm glad that Auntie asked that question...I had wondered. One night you could invite them over for hamburgers on the grill. That way, you'll know one way or the other. Maybe.

John and I have laughed ourselves silly over your last post. Yup, that one's getting a lot of mileage around here.

Happy@Home said...

I was wondering about that last bit too, but I think it might have to do with that fun new pedometer. At least that's my guess.
That is funny about your Sunday school teacher's little mix-up.

Debbie Jones said...

I always love hearing about your morning walks. I love walking and my hubby and I have walked together for years...now he is away a lot with work so we only walk on the weekends. In the summer we usually get up at 4 a.m. and walk four miles every day but Sunday. This summer, since I am recovering from surgery, I haven't been able to go with him. Can't wait for the weather to cool down so I can walk more! Thanks for your daily inspiration!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Thank you for your reply to my asked question. Is there really a wife??? And answering in the next day's post, is super COOL! I love it. I wish everyone would do it!

'Cause how many bloggers have the time to go back and re-read comments in blogs, after reading them once???? Not many I betcha'.

Mmmmm, I feel a post topic coming up! With a link, pointing to you of course. It's YOUR great idea!!!

"I want to have a little house with sunshine on the floor,
A chimney with a rosy hearth, and lilacs by the door;
With windows looking East and West, And a crooked apple tree,
And room beside the garden fence for hollyhocks to be!"

~Nancy Bird Turner

Mary said...

I agree with quote...sometimes good enough has to be the way it is done. Perfect items may take too long to get to. good quote.