Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Make up a title, I can't think of one.

A few degrees warmer today at 35 degrees.  A nice sunny morning with no wind for my morning walk.  I walked one of my connect the path routes which takes me on sidewalks along the road and paths through woods, along houses and through a school yard.
I saw two people out walking dogs and also Petey and John who I stopped to chat with for a bit. Those of you who are new to reading my blog, they are an older couple who are 91 years old and walk a few miles every morning and are a great inspiration to me.
I counted 8 deer along my walk and got a picture of this one.
 I was walking along just after seeing four deer and a women coming the other way with her dog said Good Morning and I said it back and then told her there were some deer up ahead.  She made a face and said, "Oh them, there are so many of them around."  Not quite the reaction I thought she would have.
There were lots of birds about making their happy early morning chirping sounds.  They always sound so happy.  I wonder if they every wake up in a bad mood!
Walking along one of the paths I saw a white egret fly by a couple of times.  I've seen them many times over by the lake but this is the first time I've seen one along this path. 
I heard a woodpecker and also an owl but couldn't find them.
So nice to be out early in the sunny morning walking.
I walked 6.1 miles.
********************
Well, my pantry was getting pretty low on food so I made out a shopping list and went to the commissary.  When I got to the base just outside the gate there was a little protest going on and there were some people with signs.  I didn't stop to read them but the one word I saw was murderer.
The gate guards usually have a comment to make about my car as I drive through and they check my ID.  Today's comment was, "I'd like to take that for a test ride."
I had a little trouble finding powdered milk (use in recipe for bread machine) but eventually I did find it by the chocolate milk.  Found everything else I needed and got checked out fast because there were no lines to wait on. : )
On the way home one lane of a road was closed because of work being done and there was a bit of a tie up for a while getting down to one lane and then I got almost all the lights.  But I made it home safe and sound with all my groceries so I must not complain!!

I got a load of clothes washed and hung up on the line before I left and another load washed and hung up when I got home.  Nice with the warmer weather I can do the laundry morning and afternoon.

The strawberries I bought today were especially good and I made a sandwich of them for lunch.  I've mentioned eating them a time or two and most of you say you have never heard of a strawberry sandwich before.
I just slice some strawberries, put them on a slice of bread, sprinkle some icing sugar on them and put the lid on.  That easy and so very good.

Try it!  You'll like it! : )

That second load of wash isn't quite dry yet but I do have to go and fold the first load of clothes, do a few other chores and then it will be time for a little reading.

Hope you find bits of happiness scattered about your day.
Happyone
To disagree,
one doesn't have to be disagreeable.
~Barry Goldwater

9 comments:

  1. Title: Strawberries for Lunch!
    They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deer seems to be saying "Huh?".
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your (lack of) title today made me laugh. I wish I could help, but I have enough trouble coming up with my own.
    I wonder if the deer have been munching on the lady's flowers.
    The strawberries are so good right now. I can imagine they would be good in a sandwich too. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a strawberry sandwich before but it sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your walk sounds like so much fun... I love hearing the birds sing early in the mornings. AND we all have to love seeing the deer.

    Hope you got your pantry restocked. I love fresh strawberries --but would never think to use them in a sandwich... I'd mix them with some Greek Yogurt... YUM...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are my suggestions:
    "Karen's Wednesday"
    "Strawberry Sandwiches"
    In any event, it sounds like a great day. Enjoy this one as well.

    I hope I am still walking a few miles each day when I am 91. I have a friend who is now pushing 90 who is hiking up Mt. Washington in New Hampshire in a few months. He asked me to join him but I don't have enough vacation time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the previous commenter's suggestion of "Strawberry Sandwiches". Cute. It would catch my attention because I have never heard of Strawberries in a sandwich. But if you can eat a jelly sandwich, it isn't all that much different.

    Thinking up blog titles all the time can be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great that Petey and John are still enjoying their daily walk. When the strawberries come into season here I will try a sandwich - it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A protest at the commissary. Good grief! Where will they protest next?!? Bleahhhhhhhhhh...

    Deer are pretty. But they are part of the how-TICKS-come process. Perhaps that's what she (the walker) was thinking of, when she was not too happy about the deer sighting...

    Do you check for ticks?

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )