Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Day One

I'm now sitting in our rental house for the week and so happy that there is an Internet connection. : )
Arrived at our land mid morning and the first thing we did was set up a tent and made it our base.
There are a lot of sticker bushes and I spent some time cutting them down and clearing them away.  Ken got busy on the shed and I helped as needed. 
See that blue chair there on the right.  Ken made me take many rests so I wouldn't over do it with my leg.  : )

We took a break for lunch and checked out a little place called Annie's Kitchen just up the road.  Good sandwiches and nice and friendly people.  I'm sure we'll be eating there quite often.

Back to the land for a little more work and then we went to pick up the keys to our rental house, stopped at Brenda's Pizza for supper.  Next stop the local grocery store to pick up some food for tomorrow and of course a carton of ice cream for our snack! : )
 
That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Happyone

9 comments:

Noofy said...

Looks like you're off to a great start. Warmer weather expected for Easter Sunday. Love the campsite. Happy Easter!

Beth said...

You guys are going great guns. I think you are also having fun and hubby is taking care that you don't injure your leg.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I am SO excited for you all.. I know you will love your 2nd home!!!!!

Glad you are taking it easy...

Have a great time!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

♥ Helen said...

Sounds like you two are having a very nice time. :)

Retired Knitter said...

Hi, Karen

Thanks for sharing this with us - and the pictures. It looks sooo interesting. I am so glad to see your husband so interested in doing this. Glad you can help.

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited for your working vacation. I'm looking forward to daily updates and pictures so I can feel like I'm there with you.

Have you been to Swallow Falls State Park? It's an easy little hike/walk to get to the beautiful falls. If you haven't been, you should put it on your list. If not now, you'll have plenty of time in the future.

I'm glad Ken won't let you push yourself and do too much while you're healing.

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

You look to be having some lovely weather. A great start to your week. What a thoughtful husband ensuring you take plenty of rest time. Enjoy your week.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I missed you at church. It sounds like you and Ken are enjoying your long weekend. I'm amazed that you two know how to do so many things!
Thanks Ken, for making sure Karen doesn't over do it.

KathyA said...

Ah! Now I understand. What a good idea to rent a place so you can rest comfortably after a hard day and you can shower!