Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 30, 2012

Extra chocolate

Chilly this morning - only 32 degrees.  I limped along slowly again walking this morning but this time I went 3.3 miles. Just walked down one of the main paved paths and then off on this trail in the woods for a bit and then back home again.
Some of the deer are getting so used to cars along the road where I walk that they are stopping to look before crossing the street.  I saw four of them all in a line come out of the woods.  The first one stopped and when there were no cars coming all four of them took their time and walked across the street.

Today I didn't see anyone else at all on the paths.
 ********************
I finally got around to putting my spring wreath up on the front door. 
 ********************
It started getting cloudy but I didn't think it was going to rain so I hung a load of laundry out on the line.  That turned out not to be such a good idea because a half hour later it started drizzling.  Got them off the line but they were no where near dry yet so I had to use my drying rack inside.  They still managed to get that good smell about them though so all was not lost!

I ironed seven of Ken's work shirts and then thought I would have some fun and baked one of my favorite chocolate cake recipes.  The recipe is HERE
Mixing the ingredients I realized that I didn't have sour cream so hopped on line and found a sour cream substitute.  Just mix up the following three ingredients.  I only needed 1/2 cup.
  1. One cup cottage cheese
  2. 2 Tablespoons milk
  3. 1 Tablespoon lemon juice

One of the best parts of baking the cake was to lick the bowl.  How can that not put a smile on your face!! : ) 

There are four squares of chocolate in the cake and another two in the icing.  I put all six of them on the counter. When I went to make the chocolate icing which is more of a chocolate drizzle, I saw that the two squares of chocolate weren't there and realized that I had put all six in the cake.  So I just got out two more chocolate squares for the icing.  Oh my, this cake should be extra chocolaty!!  That can't be bad!!

Earlier in the morning I threw the bread ingredients in the bread machine and for lunch had fresh bread with strawberries.  I love strawberry sandwiches.

Cleaned up the kitchen and did a few other chores around the house and that's been my day so far.
It will be nice to sit down and read my book until Ken gets home from work.

A happy Friday to you.
Think of me and smile. : )
 Happyone
Rivers know this:
there is no hurry.
We shall get there someday.
~ A.A. Milne

8 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Don't think I ever heard of a strawberry sandwich, before!!! ,-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of a strawberry sandwich either. I'll probably give it a try.
Glad your leg is healing.
Mary Jo

KathyA said...

You're such a trooper!! I bet this is the first time I could actually keep up with you!! :)

The cake and bread look luscious and that forsythia wreath is so spring-like and lovely!!

Vee said...

Oh I've heard of strawberry sandwiches before...right here. Have never tried one though. What binds the strawberries together?

Do let us know who good the chocolate cake is with all that extra chocolate floating about in it.

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear that you're easing back into walking again. I know that makes you happy.
I don't think there is such a thing as too much chocolate, is there? ;-) The cake looks yummy.
Have a nice weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Glad your leg is better, Karen. BUT--be careful not to re-injure it.

That chocolate cake looks awesome. I can almost smell it...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Noofy said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Glad your walking is getting better. Take good care of yourself, and...enjoy your cake! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your forsythia wreath looks very welcoming on your door. I would love a piece of your chocolate cake it looks delicious.