Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A perfect hair wash

I walked my connect the path route this morning.  I counted about 10 deer.  They were all in one spot and started running away when I walked by so there could have been even more that I didn't see.  I also saw the fox walking ahead of me on the path before he ran back into the woods.
These are the first daffodils I've seen blooming on my walking routes.
And here is a strange new flower that I've never seen before
along one of the paths.  : )
Not many people about again.  Just a handful.
This route is one that has a lot of variety in where I walk and it seems like I no sooner get started and I'm home again.  I walk down paths, along some sidewalks, through the school yard and by the pool and along the water.  
Today the temperature was a mild 39 degrees, but it was cloudy and seemed like it would rain any second.  About 2 miles from home I started to feel a few rain drops here and there.  I could hear them falling on the leaves which makes such a nice sound and also I love the smell of rain when it first gets the roads wet.  More and more rain drops started to fall and by the time I got home it was raining steady.  I made it home before getting really wet and was just damp.
I walked 6.6 miles.
Sunrise 6:41
Sunset 5:59
********************
The rain continued and when I left to go get my hair dyed and trimmed it was coming down in buckets.  Not fun driving in such pouring rain.  A couple of people were talking saying they had seen two accidents on the way there.

Cheryl did a great job with my hair as usual and now my dark hair is back with no white roots showing and it's all trimmed up and looking good.  Thanks Cheryl. : )

All the shampoo girls are good there but I must say Meghan is the best.  I had her last time and this time and I will always ask for her whenever I go.  You may not think that there can be such a difference in shampooers  but believe me you just have to have Meaghan wash your hair to know that is not true.  At the end she does this slow massage thing and it feels so good I just don't want it to stop.

By the time I left to come home the rain was down to just a slight drizzle.  Still it was nice to get home to my nice dry house.  A few things needed to get done and now it is just about time to sit and read my book.

Enjoy your day whatever the weather may be doing where you are.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone
Forget not that the earth delights 
to feel your bare feet
and the winds long to play with your hair.
~ Kahlil Gibran

8 comments:

Marti said...

A new cut and color make you feel so happy, uplifting your spirits. The little daffodils are so pretty. Have a cozy day.

Vee said...

A new do can always put some spring in one's step. I need some spring in my step myself.

That's the route I'd want to take if 6.6 miles goes by without hardly noticing.

I think you saw a weird insect in the forest. Kind of a fat and happy insect...

Charlotte Wilson said...

Happy One,
YOur walk sounds particularly good this morning. So peaceful but COLD.
I know what you mean about a good shampoo. Who does it can really make a difference. So relaxing. I have lots of gray and white hair too but do it myself...I am cheap. LoL

All the best,

♥charlotte

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-chuckle- Until I read the whole post, I surmised that your hair got "washed" in the rain, while you walked. ,-)))))

Driving in rain, coming down in buckets. Oh my I really don't like that!

Lovely that you had that post-shampoo massage, to help you forget the ickinessss of the drive there. :-)

"The most serious charge
which can be brought against New England is not Puritanism but February."

~Joseph Wood Krutch

Happy@Home said...

We have daffodils blooming here too, but not that other flower you showed. At least I don't think so :).
Meaghan's skills at the shampoo bowl sound very nice and relaxing.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I could just sit and let someone play with my hair for hours! It feels so good.

Anonymous said...

It's always a great feeling to have your hair done and the head massage is so relaxing. I sometimes book an Indian head massage at the local beauty salon -it makes your hair a bit messy with all the oils but it is so relaxing. You have the first signs that Spring is on the way with your lovely daffodil photo.

Cheryl said...

It's always great to see you at the salon and spend time together. The color was perfect this time! Meghan is a great assistant...I don't think I've ever had her do my hair before. I hope she's working the next time I need mine washed. You'd think I'd have it done often since I work there, but I only do it every 5-6 weeks when I get a color and cut. BTW, she read your blog and said what you wrote about her made her really feel good! Everyone at the salon loves your cookies. You're known as Taryn's grandma!