Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts and a winner

Had a nice morning walk around the lake.  It was cloudy and 32 degrees with no breeze and warm enough that I didn't have to wear my outer most layer.  I walked 6.4 miles.

Happy Valentine's Day
I don't decorate for the day but after I was asked if I did I took a walk around the house and realized just how many Hearts there actually are around the house. Here are a dozen that I found.
Gift from grandchild

Counted cross stitch

Coasters

Wooden heart

Candle holder

Cookie cutter

Cookie cutter

Hanging hearts

Counted cross stitch

Heart cut outs

Block hearts

Coaster
*********************
Today I drew the name of the WINNER of the 
dish cloth
GIVE A WAY
And the winner is
Joyce whose blog is called 
 Congratulations Joyce  : )
Please email me your address and which two dish cloths you would like.

There were only 6 others who left a comment for the drawing and I have decided to send each of you a dish cloth too.  I will surprise you with a color. I just need addresses for Marti and Suz. 
Kim
Marti
Vee
Suz
Kerri
Pam
Thank you all for participating! : )

Enjoy your day.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone

9 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Really?? How sweet of you and fun for us!! Congratulations to Joyce and the rest of us. What a happy surprise.
You have a nice collection of hearts and I enjoyed seeing them on Valentine's Day. I especially like your cookie cutters and cross stitch projects ... oh, and that pink shelf is darling. I remember when you had all of your cookie cutters hanging in your kitchen at your old house. Did you do that at this house too?
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
XO

Vee said...

Wow. How cool is that?! Thanks so much...very generous gal you are.

I'd say that you don't need to decorate for Valentine's Day because your home is already filled with hearts and love.

Suz said...

oh my I am thrilled

Kerri Farley said...

You are so kind! I think it's super that you have so any hearts in your home!

George said...

There must be a lot of love in your house with all those hearts around.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Just stopping by to say HI.... Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. We had a great trip--but it's nice to get home. I'm trying to catch up on some blog posts...

Lots of hearts... Bet we all have more heart shaped items around our home than we realize!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Pamie G. said...

oh my goodness!! I got your note yesterday because I was out all day and it came across on my phone! wow, you are awesome, thank you so much!! xoxo Love ya, Pam

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

cute. you do have hearts, about.

congratulations to the winner!

per usual, i don't put my name in any blog drawings, because i never did one myself.

A novel is never anything but a philosophy put into images." ~Albert Camus

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled to have won your beautifully knit dish cloths - thank you. What a great collection of hearts - I think they are all lovely but if I had to pick 3 favourites I would choose - the candle holder it is so elegant. The cross stitch picture as it looks so homely and the pink cupboard because it is gorgeous.