Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

By the lake

Sunday evening we went to an auction at Savage Mill.  Not to buy anything but to see what things are going for.  We have a few things we want to sell and wanted to get an idea of what people are paying for them.   Not very encouraging and I don't think we will be putting our few items up for auction.  Still it is always fun going to auctions.

Yesterday morning it was time for Ken and I to take that journey we make every six months to the Dentist.  Good news for both of us.  Just a cleaning and our teeth are good!  Now we are all set for another six months. 
As a lot of you know I bring my dentist chocolate chip cookies when I go because he has a sweet tooth and really likes cookies.  This time was no exception and I took him a couple dozen.
When I bake cookies I use a little teaspoon scoop by Pampered Chef to put the batter on the cookie sheets. 
The cookies come out in a nice uniform shape.  Vee - this may be why your molasses cookies looked different when I made them.

I walked around the lake yesterday morning and walked over by the lake again this morning.  It was 35 degrees, sunny with just a touch of a breeze.  I took one of the fishermen paths and went down close to the water.  It was a nice surprise to find this beaver mound.  I had seen one on the other side of the lake but didn't know there was one down here too.  I heard some strange noises coming from inside it. 
Back up to the main path and about a half mile father along the lake I stopped to take this picture of a lone geese.
Very few people out around the lake and it was nice having the place mostly to myself.  Yesterday I walked part of the lake with Barb.  She was telling me that she has been walking here for many years.  Back in the 80's before it was a 'park' they would walk by the lake when it was just a dirt path through the woods around it.  I would have liked that!!!   But still we are so lucky to have this beautiful place for walks.

I walked up by the liquor store before going over to the lake and found two pennies and a dime! 
This morning I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:42
Sunset 5:58
Now that it is light when I walk in the morning, I am not looking forward to the time change in a couple of weeks.  I'll be back to starting in the dark again for a while.

It was knitting day and I left mid morning to go to the mill and spent a couple of hours knitting and talking.  I'm knitting on a pair of slippers.  I was making them for myself but decided I will give them away to a friend. 

I spent the afternoon getting caught up reading blogs and now I must go and get the clothes off the line and at least do a little something around the house.

Hope your enjoying your Tuesday.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone
You may be deceived if you trust too much,
but you will live in torment unless you trust enough.
~ Frank Crane

7 comments:

Vee said...

Your dentist is a lucky fellow. Good reports, kids, carry on...

Nope. That's not the reason. I also use a Pampered Chef cookie scoop. I don't really care too much what the cookies look like as long as they taste good. I made Snickerdoodles today. Hmmm...

Retired Knitter said...

We attended a few auctions in the 90's and felt the same thing - items did not go for what you personally felt they should.

We turned much of my mother-in-laws collections (after her death) to an auction house. At that point we decided that if you want to collect something, you should do it because you love it - not because it is worth anything.

Funny, I would have thought that 15 years later - items might go for more - guess not.

Suz said...

oh I want one

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Someone else mentioned that the time change is coming. -sigh- Oh these nutty time changes...

I just wish, all would revert to Nature's Time, as it were. And leave it there. -pout-

"The most serious charge which can be brought against New England is not Puritanism but February."
~Joseph Wood Krutch

Happy@Home said...

Always nice to get a good report from the dentist. I'm sure your dentist is always happy to see you coming :).

o2bhiking said...

You have one lucky dentist! But you clearly always come across as a kind and thoughtful person.

The beaver lodge is very cool. You have so many great places to walk near you. Enjoy the day! Art

Anonymous said...

I had my 6 monthly check at the dentist today (1st March) and had the usual clean and polish. Not my favourite place to visit but its only every 6 months. I would love to see a beaver.