Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Another counted cross stitch project

Got up this morning and as usual headed out the door for my walk.  It was 29 degrees but very still again, just like yesterday. The sun made a good try to come out and got this far
and then the clouds decided to stick around.  We ended up having a rainy day.
I walked straight down my road, hung a right and walked to the little pond in the wetland park.  I walked out onto the gazebo and watched the ducks and geese.
I then noticed a heron standing in the water.  You can barely see him up and slightly to the left of the geese. 
I took a different road on the way home and ended up not knowing exactly where I was.  I ended up on the main road and then turned left at the first road I came to.
Walked down there and came upon a path to follow.
Followed that and came out onto a street that I knew.  Walked back to my street, turned left and made my walk back home.
Only a few people out on the early Saturday morning.  It was nice walking a different route and discovering another path.  Every morning walk is a little bit different and I have a mini little adventure each day.  People are always asking where I get my motivation to walk every day.  That is one of them!
I walked 7.2 miles.
Sunrise 7:12
Sunset 5:31
********************
I got a loaf of bread started in the bread machine and it is starting to smell really good about now.

This afternoon I read for a little while and then went up in my loft and straightened things up.  It wasn't too bad but there were things that needed to be put in their proper place.
Then I got out the big and complicated counted cross stitch that I started a couple of years ago.  I'm glad I did those two small ones because they put me in the mood to finish this one.  I did a little bit of the white window frame today.  I'm sure I'll be back doing more of it later.
I bought the cross stitch to do because I have a print hanging in my living room that is similar and thought they would be a nice set. 
I've been home all day and I know we just went out for pizza last night but I'm thinking it would be another nice night to eat out.
I'm thinking maybe Olive Garden or Red Lobster.  Decisions! Decisions! 


Till next time......
A smile from me to you.
Happyone
It's a great thing when you realize 
you still have the ability to surprise yourself.
Makes you wonder what else 
you can do that you've forgotten about.
~ Alan Ball

4 comments:

Vee said...

You find the best quotes. I'm always surprising myself with the things I can get into that I've forgotten about. Course it didn't involve getting lost on the main road and finding a new path home. Do you love to do that? I love to take an unfamiliar road. It's crazy how many roads I have not been down in my own town where I've lived nearly all my life.

What kind of bread are you making? Can't help but wonder... Have fun at dinner!

Happy@Home said...

I'm making bread in my bread machine today too. I do love that smell.
Your cross stitch project does look like a big undertaking, but will look so nice with your print.
Enjoy your dinner, wherever it ends up being.

Suz said...

some nice shots
it's cold here today too, in Illinois

Goosey said...

That cross stitch looks like alot of work, but it will be worth doing won't it. I made some bread yeaterday morning, I don't have a bread maker as I make it the old fashioned way but I forgot it and have just found it this morning! It had got super big!!!