Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Counted Cross Stitch Finished

What a difference in temperature from yesterday morning when it was only 11 degrees.  This morning it was 40!!  It rained last night but had stopped this morning when I started walking.  It was cloudy but looked like it was about to clear up because I could see little breaks in the clouds.  I stayed on the sidewalks and just walked down to the end of Gray Rock, crossed the street, turned around and walked back home.
A very quiet walk.  Only saw two others out and they were both running.
I was about a mile and half from home and I started feeling a couple of rain drops here and there.  A mile from home the drops turned into a light drizzle and a half mile from home the drizzle turned into rain.  I was a bit wet by the time I got home, but at least I was on the way home and didn't have to stay wet for long.
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 7:25
Sunset 5:10
********************
It's Tuesday and my knitting group morning, but I didn't go today. I just wasn't in the knitting mood.  I really wanted to get the cross stitch finished so I stayed home to work on that.  It took me a lot longer to finish than I thought it would but I did finish!  I hung it up in the kitchen near my computer. 
I have another small counted cross stitch to do and then I'll be working on a large one that I started a couple of years ago and never got very far with it.  It is one of my goals this year to finish it.

When I get off the computer I am going to do a little baking.  Chocolate Chippers I'll be baking to bring with me tomorrow when I go get my hair dyed.  I like to bring a little something for all the workers.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.
A happy day to you.
Happyone
Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, 
is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you.
~ Nathaniel Hawthorne

12 comments:

Vee said...

The cross stitch turned out beautifully and looks good in the red hoop. That is quite a weather switch. We had snow this morning and now are getting some misty rain.

Anita said...

I am impressed by the cross stitch.
I used to do a bit , but don't have the eyesight for it now.
That's a beautiful picture, and of course the verse is too.

Pamie G. said...

I love it, very pretty! Love, Pam

Happy@Home said...

The cross stitch turned out so cute. I just read your previous post and had to laugh about your big strong glasses. I have a similar pair except mine are "wire rims". I wear them on the rare occasion that I pick up my cross stitch. It's the only way I can see it.

Anonymous said...

Like your blog! Very creative.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Karen, OH --how I love that little cross-stitched church... Awesome... Will you frame it????

Have a great Wednesday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gwendolyn said...

What a great idea to take a treat to your hairdresser. I'm going to keep that in mind next time I go!

Zenserly said...

you just added a smile to my day with your happy thoughts, indeed everything is possible with God :-) lovely cross stitch piece...happy working on the large one,

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Glad you stayed home, and did what you wanted to do! If only we would all, do more of that. :-)

If we listen to 'ourselves,' we know what will make us the most happy. Then all we have to do, is do it!

Well, yes, I know. Sometimes the ironing has to come first. -chuckle- But! Even then! Right after the I-must-must-must-do-it-now thing... Do what makes us happy. :-)

Mmmmmm, I have a *Grumpy* post today. Hope you have time to pop over and read it. :-)

"I'm tired, tired, tired,
of *new,* *new,* *new*..."

~Me

Suz said...

pretty

Goosey said...

Love the cross stitch, really pretty x

Kerri Farley said...

That cross stitch is absolutely gorgeous!