Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 30, 2012

A busy day

Didn't spend much time at home yesterday.  Started my day with a walk as usual but had to cut it short to 3.6 miles because I had to leave at 8:30 and just didn't have the time for a longer one.  As soon as I got back from walking, I got ready for church and was out the door at 8:30.  I have to leave a little early because I pick up one of the senior ladies and take her to church.  We got to church right at 9:00 just in time for Sunday School.  There is a half hour between Sunday School and the church service and there are coffee and donuts to eat as we all talk and visit with each other.  I usually pass on the donuts but I ate a chocolate one yesterday because I didn't have time for breakfast and didn't want to have a growling stomach during church! : )

Home, lunch, and then Ken and I went to the movies in the afternoon to see One For the Money, based on the Janet Evanovitch's book.  I've read all the books and really liked them and wanted to see the movie.  Of course the book was better as it almost always is but the movie was good and we enjoyed it.

Then back home for a short while and we were off again to eat dinner at Baldwin Station.  I've mentioned the place before which is an old railroad station turned into a very nice restaurant.  We go there once in while for special occasions.  We had reservations for 6:00 and had a delicious meal and enjoyed being there.  What special occasion you may be wondering were we celebrating - Our Anniversary - 40 years!  : )  The actual day is today, the 30th, but we celebrated a day early.
********************
This morning I was back to a regular walk and walked around the lake.  Temperature was 25 degrees, but the sun came up, stayed out and there was no wind.  Very quite around the lake which is usual for a Monday. 
Some cardinals,  a couple of chickadees, some crows fighting over some food, and the usual ducks and geese were about.  
It was great to be outside walking and each day I get to walk is one that I am thankful for.  I am thankful that I am healthy enough to be able to get out and walk each day. 
I walked 6.8 miles.
Sunrise 7:17
Sunset 5:25
********************
I'm posting early today for me but I just plan on staying at home the rest of the day.  I have some cleaning to do, I get to try out my new iron and then hopefully I can fit some time in for cross stitching and reading.
I have a new recipe that I will be trying for supper.  If it goes well I'll share it tomorrow.
Have a great day.  Enjoy it, be thankful and smile a lot.
Happyone 
No one remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself.
~Thomas Mann

11 comments:

Vee said...

Happy Anniversary! May I just say that neither of you look old enough to be celebrating 40 years of marriage!

Have a happy day today. I know that you will because that's how you plan it. I'm going to have a happy day, too, puttering in the kitchen and visiting blogs off and on. No walking, though. Too icy.

Anita said...

Yes! Happy Anniversary! I know you'll have a great day.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! 40 years is an accomplishment to be proud of and I wish you many more years of happiness together.
It sounds like you had a great day yesterday.
I'll be home today puttering and cross stitching.
Hope your new recipe is a success!

Marti said...

Happy anniversary! It is so good to hear of people staying married for more than a couple of years. Have a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on your wedding anniversary - 40 years is the Ruby wedding anniversary - how great to have been married for all those years well worth a celebration. Luv the morning photo.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

HAPPY 40th Anniversary!!!!

And a lovely way to celebrate it. A special place for dinner.

Becha' Baldwin Station is striking. Real, real, real ambiance. Love that. That can't be faked. :-)

"Books to the ceiling, Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I’ll have a long beard by the time I read them."

- Arnold Lobel

Ruta M. said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.I'm glad you were able to celebrate with a nice meal.
I do wonder how many newlyweds can look forward to such a long and successful marriage. Are us oldies more tolerant or do we have a different set of values? (And no I would never expect people to remain in an unhappy relationship.)
Perhaps the young rush into marriage and then as quickly rush out again.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your 40th Wedding Anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful place to celebrate. We will be celebrating our 45th this July.

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Ken. May you have many, many more.

I bought a basic Black and Decker iron today. Of course I thought of you!

George said...

Happy anniversary!!! That is something worth celebrating. You're an inspiration to us all.

Linda said...

HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY!!!