Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rearranging the furniture

Giving Thanks Day Challenge Number 16
I am Thankful for all the farmers who grow our food.
It is easy to take food for granted because 
we can just walk in a store and buy what we need.
I am also Thankful that i have enough money 
to be able to buy the food we need.
****************************************
Once again is was a warm morning for walking with the temperature at 55 degrees.  The ground was wet but it wasn't raining when i left.  After a little while of walking it started to drizzle so i went back home and got my umbrella and left again.  It rained on and off the whole time so my umbrella went up and down quite a few times.
I just walked around the neighborhoods and on a couple of paths.  Walked down some side streets that i haven't been on before and discovered a short path at the end of a dead end road.  This footbridge is at the end of the path which opens up on a field at a school.
 Not many people out but there were a few scattered throughout my walk.  On a path i saw six deer, one of which was a male.  This one stood still and looked at me and didn't stamp his foot when i got out my camera.  I took this picture though it is not very good because it came out blurry.
I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunrise 6:52
Sunset 4:52
*************************************************
I was going to go to the commissary but just didn't feel like going in the rain.  It seemed like a good day to stay at home.
So i decided to tackle the living room.  I've spent the day giving it a good cleaning and rearranging the furniture in the process.   I enjoy changing around the furniture every so often just for a change.  Everyone in my family does this except for my one grandmother (dad's mom).  From when i was a little girl until the day she died, once something found a place in her house, it stayed put.  It was kind of comforting in a way to know that at her house you knew everything would be the same.  Gramma was the same too, a loving woman who never had a mean thing to say about anyone.  I sure miss her!
What about you?  Do things at your house get rearranged or do you like things to stay in one place?

Now that i did all that work, it's time for relaxing. : )

A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
Life just is.
But life itself is a gift.
It's a compliment just being born:
to feel, breathe, think, play, dance, sing,
work, make love, for this particular lifetime.
Today, let's give thanks for life.
For life itself.  For simply being born!
~ Daphne Rose Kingma

8 comments:

Vee said...

I rearrange the furniture a few times a year. Some things just can't be rearranged, though.

Yay! You captured the deer wearing his antlers! So cool.

Marti said...

I hate to rearrange the furniture. Once I find a place that I like for something, there it stays. Besides when I get REALLY old, my brain will be patterned and I won't get lost.

Goosey said...

Thank you for letting me know about the comment problem on my handmadebygoosey blog. I have sorted it out now! I hardly ever rearrange furniture, perhaps I should!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Whenever I felt the urge to buy new furniture or accessories, I would rearrange everything. Afterward it made me feel like I had a room full of new stuff. My husband never liked it when I changed things around....he was one to have things stay the same. But, as you know, nothing stays the same. LOL

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like you had a beautiful walk today... We have had 2 days of rain here --and it's getting colder outside now.

I can't ever remember a time that I rearranged furniture in any room... Guess that means I'm in a rut!!!!! ha ha.... Now sure how else I could rearrange our living room though.... Making me think!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Happy@Home said...

When I was a kid I loved it when my mom rearranged the furniture. It always seemed so exciting to me. I never rearrange my own furniture. I think it's because the way the rooms are laid out there seems to be only one way for the furniture to go. I do, however, rearrange accessories often. It's like playing for me and gives enough of a change to be a little different.

Suz said...

What a cute deer....did you ever find out what it means when a deer stomps his hoof?
I sure wish I could be as faithful walking everyday as you are.....I hate walking...I love strolling..hee hee....but give me an excuse...rain, cold,I stay home...I need an attitude adjustment I think
I like lifting weights though..does that count?
and yes, I do love to move a few things when I really get in there and clean...hoing someone will notice my hard work...:-O

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Where we do the most of our "living," The Hearth Room, I'd love to move furniture around. But the layout does not allow it. We know. We've tried. :-)

Kind of the same situation, in the Den. So I don't get the urge to move things about, very often. :-)

Gentle hugs,
I don't think a really good pie can be made without a dozen or so children peeking over your shoulder as you stoop to look in at it every little while. ~John Gould