Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday

Another morning like yesterday.  I just love these fall mornings for walking.  I walked the original connect the path route that i mapped out when i first moved here.  This is one of my favorite routes because there is lots of variety in it.
I walk down streets, paths in the woods, a couple different neighborhoods, through a school yard and along another path with a stream beside it.  The time just seems to fly by and i can't believe my walk is over so quickly.  I saw five deer  - a mom and her two babies in one place and the other two were in someones yard eating their bushes.  The birds were pretty quiet though i did hear a couple of them being so noisy they made up for the quiet ones.
A few people were out along the paths too, mostly dog walkers.
I came across this wet spot on the road and thought it looked like a bow tie so i snapped a picture.
I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 7:09
Sunset 6:41
************************************************
Thanks for all the nice comments on the white bedspread.

It was time to take down the summer wreath off the front door and put up the Autumn one.
I got a couple more loads of laundry washed and hung outside to dry.  These nice sunny fall days are great for clothes drying. The cool air makes for a better smell then a hot sunny day.

Didn't get much other stuff done.  Spent time reading and making weave-it squares.  Now that the white bedspread is done i can concentrate on the weave-it afghan.  It too should be done soon.

While we were in Denver in one of the tourist shops and there were samples of some hand and body lotion to try and i tried this stuff called The Naked Bee and loved it.  It made my hands feel so soft and i loved the smell.  I liked it so much i bought some.  I had never heard of it before and was wondering if i would ever find it anywhere else or just have to use it sparingly and make it last.  When i got home i looked up their website and was surprised to find out they sell it in a store up the road about 8 miles from me. : )  I will check out the store one day soon and see what other products they have.

I still have to get the clothes off the line, folded and put away so i'd better go and do that.  Then I'll sit out on the deck and read until Ken gets home from work.  Since it's Friday we plan to go out to eat somewhere but haven't decided where yet.

A happy day to you!
Happyone : )
How beautifully leaves grow old.
How full of light and color are their last days.
~ John Burroughs

6 comments:

Vee said...

Oh my. I must be hormonal. That quote makes me cry. Ha! The Naked Bee, eh? Well, if I ever see it, I'll try some. I've liked everything else that you've suggested.

You really do have more color showing there than we do here even going west toward the White Mtns. today...still green for the most part.

Have fun eating out tonight! Say "hey" to Ken for us.

Gwendolyn said...

Isn't it a precious thought! That we can still be radiant in our older years? Must be the autumn that makes us think of aging. But that is wisdom right? To number our days so that we can apply our hearts to wisdom as the Word says! Love your scenic pictures!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

You have some beautifully turning trees down there! Not much "to write home about," up here, as yet... :-)

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"
"On the motionless branches of some trees, autumn berries hung like clusters of coral beads, as in those fabled orchards where the fruits were jewels..." ~~Charles Dickens

Happy@Home said...

The trees in your area are looking very colorful.
I think I have seen the Naked Bee lotion before. If I see it again I'm going to give it a try.
Hope you enjoyed your dinner out and have a nice weekend.

George said...

I really like your harvest wreath. We got a couple of autumn wreaths this week to put up on the front of our house.

Retired Knitter said...

I am a sucker for handcream. I will need to try this out. I'll look it up on the web.

Hope to see you Tuesday.