Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday

It was on the warm side again this morning, but i didn't look at the thermometer so don't know what the temperature was.  As you can tell from the picture it was a foggy morning.  The sun did come out later and chase the fog away and it ended up being a nice sunny day.
The foggy picture is taken coming out of the path leading to the school.  I only saw a couple of other people out walking.
A baby deer and mom were along the path.  I didn't walk on any particular route because i had to walk time today instead of miles.  Had to be back home at 7:45 because we had to leave for our dentist appointments.  I'm glad i got a walk in though.
I was almost home and coming up to the cross walk and saw an older lady Harriet who I know from church waiting to cross the street.  She was on her way to the Giant.  She said she didn't recognize me at first because I wasn't in my church clothes. : )  I walked with her across the street and we talked for a bit before going home.
I walked 4.8 miles.
Sunrise 6:30
Sunset 7:48
*******************************************
Ken took the day off so i made us pancakes for breakfast and then we headed off to the dentist.  Dr Arnouk was happy to get the chocolate chip cookies and he did share them with the others who work there.  My appointment was first at 9:30 and Ken right after me.  I am happy to say, no cavities or any other problems with my teeth and they are nice and clean and polished and i'm set for another six months.  Such a great feeling to have that out of the way.  Ken was not quite so lucky as me.  Not a big deal but he has to go back next week and have a filling replaced.

We stopped in at the RV dealer just for fun and were thinking how nice it would be to have another RV for our drive out to Denver.  We DID NOT buy one but if we did this would have been the one.  Wouldn't it be cool to travel across the country in this?!!!



From that bit of fantasy we headed out to Olive Garden for a late lunch of soup, salad, and bread sticks.  

Next stop was the library.  I tried very hard to just pick up the one book that had been on hold and ready for me to pick up, but ended up getting this stack.
It was a nice Friday in spite of having to go to the dentist. : )  
Hope you enjoyed your day as well.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
We are living in a world today where lemonade
is made from artificial flavors
and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
~ Alfred E. Newman

4 comments:

Helen said...

It was a really foggy morning. So nice you met that woman from your church on your walk.
Lucky you to know that your teeth are fine and healthy:)

Sue said...

I always love getting up to foggy scenes. I am reminded to make a dentist appointment soon, have waited way to long. I am dreaming of an RV like this one.
Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

Happy@Home said...

Congratulations on your good dental report.
Those RVs are amazing. I would like to travel in one as long as I didn't have to drive it.
Have a great weekend.

George said...

You have a very nice bit of fancy with that RV. I would have enjoyed riding in it on our trip west earlier this year, but I doubt it would have gotten the mileage we got with our Prius.
I like your foggy morning picture.