Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 25, 2011

Here comes the rain

It was another one of those hot humid mornings again.  I set the alarm an hour earlier and was out walking at 5:30 and I am going to do that all week. I saw some of my other walker/runner friends out around the lake this morning who have also decided to get their exercise done earlier to beat the heat.   Then there are the people who are always out there early.
The sky as I got to the lake.
The drill sergeant was out there early with her crew.  Man it is way too hot to be doing such a vigorous workout like that.  I felt sorry for all of them!!  I also feel bad for all the dogs that people take to run with them. Imagine running with a coat on!! 

A few geese stand at end of a line of rocks here while others swim over to join them.
I see quite a few ground hogs but this is one of the few times one stayed still long enough so I could snap a picture.
It was a good walk and I'm glad I went early.  
I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 6:01
Sunset 8:26
******************************************
I spent the day at home working around the house.  I was in a cleaning mood and got lots of stuff done.
A couple loads of laundry dried on the line.  The gaps in the line are clothes that have already dried and I've taken in.  I take the clothes in as soon as they dry since we aren't supposed to have clothes lines and don't want to give anyone a reason to complain.
I got all the clothes off the line just in time before the cooling rains came.
It's raining out there now as I type this.  There were quite a few loud claps of thunder and I saw some amazing lightening bolts in the sky.  Some not so far away.  It's calmed down some now but still raining hard.  I'm hoping it really will cool things down a bit.
Well, just taking a break now and still have some things I'd like to get done so I'd better go.

Hope your Monday is a good one.
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness
has never danced in the rain.
~ Author Unknown

10 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We got a little rain too, Karen, but the sun is out now... It may have cooled us off a little---but bet it feels pretty doggone humid out there now--like a sauna...

Our community doesn't allow clothes to be hung out either.... Darn!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

We're getting some welcome rain, too. I'm so happy not to have to water all the flowers. And the grass needs greening up. Hope that the rain ushers in some cooler temps. If you get up earlier in the morning does it mean you go to bed earlier? Hope so!

Happy@Home said...

We got some rain this afternoon too. I was hoping for more, but I'll take what we can get.
Sounds like you're having a productive day. That's always a great way to start the week.

Helen said...

I can imagine you want to cool things down and I am happy for you to get some rain. Nature is amazing...
Here we have had rain most days this summer and most people are tired of it. I wish I could dry my clothes outside too. This weekend we also got a flow - too much rain in one night.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

We got a little rain, but it was overcast enough to give us temps almost 20 degrees lower than we've had for the past four days...and it felt WONDERFUL! Humid, true, but still so much better than the oppressive heat. Have a great week!

Noofy said...

I danced in the the rain today, and it felt good! Give yourself a break the next two days and walk your regular time, the rain brought a welcomed cold front.

George said...

I'm also glad you got some rain and hope it cools things down for you.

Cheryl said...

I'm reading a book about the Dust Bowl and find it hard to believe droughts that last up to 5 years. It really puts our lack of rain in perspective. The rain was SO wonderful yesterday! Our next chance of a storm is next Saturday.

Happy day to you!

Auntie said...

Ahhhhhhhh, yours is one of those living areas, which have Rules Against This And That. Like drying clothes outside on a line.

Innnnnnnnnnnteresting.

I take it, no one has approached you, about this issue? And if they did, what would you do?<--Suppose not much, since I guess you "signed an agreement" when you moved in.

Another interesting aspect of life today.

Oh sure, I can see the kind of clothes lines they don't want out in yards... Messy kinds. And even any, out in yards, cutting of other people's views. But you have a very neat set-up, on your porch/patio.

Interesting though, isn't it? :-)

Retired Knitter said...

I was in Harris Teeter when that rain came. It was so loud in there with the rain pounding on the metal roof. When I finished my small bit of shopping I stood in the lobby with many other customers waiting for the rain to slow down a bit before going home.