Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another warm morning but not nearly as warm as yesterday.  There was a slight breeze on the way home too which was most welcome.
I walked my connect the path route this morning.  It is the route with the most shade.  The only open area in the direct sun is when I walk back by the schools.
I saw a couple of deer, rabbits, and the usual birds.
There were few people along the paths so it was a nice quiet peaceful walk.
The other day when I was walking along the sidewalk I saw what I thought was a foundation for a garage started to be dug.  Today when I passed I saw that I was wrong.  It is not a garage at all but a swimming pool.  I hope it gets done in time for them to use it this year.  I'll keep track and see how long it takes.
 I walked 6.5 miles.
Sunrise 5:52
Sunset 8:34
**********************************************
The work around my townhouse complex yesterday was installing more street lights along the main street on the side of my house.  Four were installed yesterday and this morning they were all back farther down the street putting in more of them.  Now we have lights in the back, front and side our house.  We will really be lit up now.  We no longer need to have night lights in the house.  : ) 

I didn't get all of the shirts ironed yesterday but I did do six of them.  Today I finished up the last five.  I had to smile at the comments about saying it was too hot to iron.  I am in a nice cool air conditioned house so it didn't matter how hot it was outside. : )

I thought about going out to the commissary today but just never got around to going.  Just stayed home and got some things done around the house.  I've left time for some fun too so off go.

A happy day to each of you.
Happyone : )
I love this quote today.  I think it is partly what keeps us feeling happy and young even as we age.

I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things....
I play with leaves.
I skip down the street 
and run against the wind.
I never water my garden without soaking myself.
~ Leo F. Buscaglia

6 comments:

Vee said...

That's a sweet quote. I try to avoid soaking myself because I'm pretty sure the wet t-shirt look isn't good on me. I did play in the sprinkler with my grandson last week. It must've been a half-hearted effort because he asked, "Is that the best you can do?" ☺

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Ironing is not a job I would enjoy (or do these days) whether it is hot or cold outside.... I truly don't think I have had the ironing board up in at least 10 yrs... ha ha....

BUT--I do remember ironing my husband's shirts (when we were first married --in 1962)... I was trying so hard to do the best I could (as a new and YOUNG bride)... That challenge went away quickly I'm sure!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It was very slightly cooler here today, but still way above normal. I'm glad you were able to walk in the shade for most of your walk this morning.

Dave said...

love you mom

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Betcha' that pool won't take too long to install.

Yes, isn't it lovely to be able to do things like iron shirts and bake, even in the heat of summer? I can now say that TOO. Because of my husband wanting to put in the wall A/C units! I just keep being thrilled with them.

It's so nice to be able to turn the oven on, in summer, without broiling ourselves. -grin- I am so thrilled, that I'm sure I'm irritating Dear Readers of my own blog.... By saying it. THANK YOU for giving me the opportunity to say it HERE! -giggles-

Oh and iron my husband's shirts to go to work too. :-) Only ironing I do anymore, but ... It's not very much to do. Plus, he only works a couple of evenings a week now. And goes to his Rotary Lunch, same day as one of his work days. Which only adds up to 2 shirts a week. I CAN do that much! :-))))))))

~♥~

KathyA said...

I like to iron -- although I almost never do anymore. I've taken to ironing our pillow cases so they look nice and crisp when I put them on the bed.