Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Spring weather is back

We didn't get any rain last night but a cool front has blown in.  A very pleasant walk around the lake for me this morning.  It was sunny, 69 degrees with low humidity and a gentle breeze.  Such a pretty morning.  I could very easily take a morning like this every day.
I took this picture of the family of geese.  As you can see the babies have really grown.
 Right next to them was another family.  There are four babies in this family as well.  I took this picture as they ran away from me.
I looked off to the side and there was a deer standing looking at me.  I snapped off this picture before she ran away.
 I saw a lot of frogs.  Unfortunately all were dead, squashed along the path.  Poor little things.  It looked like the grass was mowed around the lake yesterday and I'm thinking that maybe they got run over by the mower. : (

One of the drinking fountains was stuck and the water kept running so when I came across one of the park workers I mentioned it to them.  The birds liked it well enough though and I saw a few of them stop by for a drink.
A bit of repair work needs to be done here on one of the little foot bridges.
Quite a few people out this morning all enjoying their morning exercise.  Well, most of them looked like they were enjoying it, to some it's just exercise.

I found my first coin of the month - a penny.
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 5:43
Sunset 8:29
****************************************
Another day at home.  I got a little more done today than yesterday and I finished my very long book, World Without End, all 1014 pages of it.  I wonder if a third one will be written to continue the story.

Ken and I went out this evening to do a few errands and while we were out we stopped and had pizza for supper.  We are just about to go out again for a Gelati at Rita's.

Till next time......
A smile from me to you.
Happyone : )
Many people pray as if God were a big aspirin pill;
they come only when they hurt.
~ B. Graham Dienert

10 comments:

George said...

I'm glad Spring weather has returned for you -- it's just too bad that it skipped over us. We were in the 90s again today, which is very unusual for the Plateau any time of the year. But I'm glad you had good weather for your walk.

karen said...

I can see the birds playing and bathing in the drinking water. The ducks really have grown. I love the pictures. Lunch and supper sounds great.

Happy@Home said...

Oh, that does sound like perfect weather for your morning walk. We are still sweltering and have decided the A/C is not working properly. Repairman can't come until Monday. I'm hoping for a cool front.
Your little geese families are so cute and the deer picture is great.
Congratulations on finishing your book. That is a long one.
Enjoy your gelati.

Noofy said...

Wow, the baby geese have grown. You're right, it is difficult to tell which ones are the babies. The deer looks surprised, certainly gives meaning to "deer in the headlights". I love this weather, hope it sticks around for awhile.

Vee said...

It is pretty brisk today. Tomorrow, too, we're told and then the heat begins to make a comeback. Truth be told, these kinds of days are my favorites. I could take a steady diet of them I think.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh you lucky girl... A cool front???? Oh My Heart!!!! It's still like blue blazes here. Yuk....

Glad you finished your book.
Hugs,
Betsy

Dave said...

Another cool morning here too!
What a great park. I'm so glad you have
that to walk through. Love you bunches
Mom! We had pizza last night too. Mmmm

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

This little break in the weather, makes being outside, so good! :-) It's still yard work, but at least I don't get "wiped" by heat/humidity. :-)

~♥~

Anita said...

The orange pylons made me think immediately of gnomes: they have doffed their hats and gone for a coffee break.

kathy said...

I understand things got cooler there!! At least the person who's staying at our house won't have to water as much. Not very friendly for that goose to have run away!!