Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day and My Birthday

It was pretty warm out this morning when I walked.  70 degrees, sunny and humid and no breeze.  I walked one of my connect the path routes.  At first I didn't see anyone at all.  It was very quiet but on the second half of my walk I saw lots of people. 
This must be the year for rabbits because I sure am seeing a lot of them.  One deer ran across the path in front of me and lots of birds chirping and singing too. 
Someone stopped again at the crosswalk for me to cross the street and it was a woman!
Nice to start the day off with my walk and I walked 6.3 miles.
Sunset 5:44
Sunrise 8:26
*****************************************
Not only is today Memorial Day it is also my birthday.  I hate to admit it but today I'm a year older.  The number doesn't usually bother me but this is a big one and the start of another decade and I just don't like the sound of it.  I really don't feel my age at all and feel that I should only be half my age so I shall try to forget about the number and enjoy my day.  : )
Kenny made my birthday cake as he does most years and I look forward to it all year.  It is one of the best cakes I've ever eaten.  It's a fudge chocolate layer cake.  He cuts the two layers in half for a four layer cake.  Between the layers are chocolate pudding and raspberry jam and the icing is real whipped cream.  Oh it is sooooo good.  We couldn't wait and had a piece last night. 

Today we are going to grill some chicken out on the deck and I'll make some macaroni salad and we will have a nice day around the house.  We do have to go out to do a few errands but that should take long.

Enjoy your day.  Hope its a happy one.

Happyone : )
A birthday is just the first day 
of another 365 day journey around the sun.
Enjoy the trip.
~ Author Unknown

18 comments:

Anita said...

Happy Birthday!! May you have a blessed day.

Suz said...

oh my Happy Birthday!
keep a walkin
and you'll be young foever
He baked you a cake
what a man
Id keep him

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Birthday to YOU.... That cake sounds wonderful... Your hubby must be a great cook!!!!!! Hope you enjoy your special day.

Happy Memorial Day also...
Hugs,
Betsy

Rathi said...

The cake indeed looks delicious Karen. Happy Birthday to you. :)

Linda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN AND MANY, MANY MORE!!!

Noofy said...

Happy Anniversary of your 30th Birthday!! That should help the number impact a little :) That cake looks yummy, Ken did good, he is an amazing baker. Happiest of Birthdays, enjoy your special day!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Happy Birthday, to the World's Happiest Blogger! If anyone should receive happy birthday wishes it should be you...it's always a pleasure to stop by and read your "chat"! I couldn't have waited to have the cake either...raspberry and chocolate is just the best!

Retired Knitter said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend. You are right. Birthdays are only a number.

Sue said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday, and that cake looks so delicious! Taking such good care of yourself is why you feel so young, and i admire you so much for your dedication.
Enjoy your day.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks delicious.
Paulette

Vee said...

Happy Birthday to one of the youngest gals I know! It's not the number; it's the spirit and yours is youthful and fun.

Cheryl said...

I can't believe I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy Birthday to a wonderful person who lightens up the world a little for all of us.

George said...

I almost missed it, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday. The cake sounds absolutely delicious.

Happy@Home said...

I'm a day late, but still wanted to say Happy Birthday to Happy One. Hope your day was happy and enjoyable. I know you enjoyed that scrumptious looking cake. How sweet of Ken to bake it for you. I think I'd better let my hubby read this post.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

A belated Happy Birthday Wish!!!

Oh my, what a cake that must be!!! Yummmmy!

You look and feel so well, don't be spending any time worrying about a number. :-)

She-who-still-can't-make-my-preferred-pics-post. But I think its my issue and not Blogger, this time.
~♥~

KathyA said...

Happy Birthday, Karen!!! Oh and that cake looks sooo very good!

Jeanne said...

I'm running late on birthday wishes, but hope it was a very Happy One! What a good sounding cake!

karen said...

I am going to try out that cake it looks and sounds great. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!