Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Message in a bottle

It was 67 degrees this morning when I started on my walk.  It was a cloudy morning with a very light sprinkle of rain falling.  Not enough to get soaking wet but just enough to keep me damp and cool.  I can't wear my rain slicker on warm mornings. The material doesn't breath and I get very warm.  I'd rather get wet from the rain than from sweat!
I walked around neighborhoods through the paths.  Very quiet and at times walking down the path, the only thing I heard was the water flowing in the brook and the birds singing.  A few people were out walking dogs and I saw a few runners also. 
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 6:14
Sunset 7:57
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quite a few of you have had the same problem with your cameras that I did.  Thanks for the battery suggestion.  I think that may be it.  My battery hasn't been holding a charge for as long as it used to.  Ken said his camera did the same thing the other day!  We have ordered two more new batteries.  Hopefully that will cure the problem.  Thanks again.

I plan on planting a few flowers in my little front yard.  I bought these plants in shades of purple, pink and red at Lowes.  I'll be out there planting them in the next couple of days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another picture from back in time.  
I'm standing here with my Dad.  
We spent many happy hours together.  
I wonder where we were off to here?  
I was four years old..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ever dream of finding a message in a bottle?
My brother-in-law left a message in a bottle 5 years ago and someone with a blog called Salty State of Mind found it.
If you would like to read about it click HERE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was thinking of going back to the old house to do more yard work today but I just couldn't get in the right frame of mind to do that again.  I'll probably wait till the weekend to do any more.  I'll just keep busy around the house this afternoon.

A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
  The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air,
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling.
~ a nursery rhyme

11 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh how proud and happy you look! Standing there and holding his hand!

And I love the way you are dressed too!!! I do, I do, I do.

Have you ever considered re-chargeable batteries? We have a charger and use them, for our techy things. :-)

~♥~

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh btw, we seem to be having a mini-heat wave up here. My temp gauge is now reading 81 degrees, about 2 pm.

So of course, I picked today, to go out and hack away at more rogue vines! Those which I want gone, but were not part of the pay-them-to-do-stuff estimate. -sigh-

I'm a nut. But I HADDDDDDDD to do it TODAY! lol. And I got good exercise too. With more to do, neating-up the front of our house. :-)

I really prefer doing stuff like this, to walking. Until it gets toooooooooo hot/humid and buggy. Which will be all too soon.

~♥~

Vee said...

Oh I'm going to read the message in a bottle story. You were always the most beautifully coiffed little girl! Love that picture. I took a picture for you today...be sure to drop by tomorrow to see it.

I think you need Ken to go with you when you go to the old house. Two are better than one on such tasks. I need John to clean out the garage that's for sure. There are just some things I'm not doing alone.

Vee said...

Now THAT was a fun story! Pretty amazing really...

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Another adorable pic...nothing cuter than a little girlie with her dad! I'm off to read about the message in a bottle!!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Ah, great story! Thanks!

Helen said...

This is a very nice post. I like the flowers you bought for your garden.

Suz said...

oh that was a fun story
you sure were-are a cutie

KathyA said...

I did some planting tonight before the thunder and lightning chased me in!

Noofy said...

My new walking program trainer is very pleased with the walking I've started so far, I have you to thank for that. I mentioned to the trainer you have been my motivator, so thank you! Your flowers selected at Lowe's look lovely, purple is my favorite color. Please show us what they look like after you've planted them. Clean up at the old house is hard to get motivated for. I agree, you should take Ken with you to help, tell him he can get some work done in his woodshop too, hehehe. I think most of us were "daddy's girl", I know I was. Did we all have bangs too? I liked your nursery rhyme, thanks for sharing it, very true.

George said...

What a neat picture of you and your Dad. You were certainly dressed up to go someplace special.