Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blessed Assurance

One thing I like about my church is that we praise God by singing lots of songs.  I love the old songs I learned when I was a kid and in my church we sing lots of them.  Here is one that I particularly like,  Blessed Assurance.  I would love to join the choir but alas I cannot sing! :-(   But that doesn't stop me from enjoying and singing these great hymns.



This morning the temperature was 28 and it was cloudy as I walked around the lake.  There were only a handful of other people around the lake and wouldn't you know that when I slipped and fell on the ice, three of them saw me fall and they all asked if I was okay.  I quickly picked myself up and assured them I was perfectly fine.  I guess it pays to drink all the milk that I do.  I didn't want to fall backwards so I kind of threw myself to the side and went down on my left side.  I'm not sore or anything.

It's been awhile since I've seen any deer and today I was lucky to spot six of them.  I took this picture of two of them.  They kind of disappear in the brown leaves and trees.
I walked 6 miles.
Sunrise 7:02
Sunset 5:42

Have a blessed Sunday.
Happyone :-)
How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear;
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
and drives away his fear.
~John Newton

7 comments:

  1. Now who is singing that song..I just love his voice
    Actually thought of writing a story about hm playing this song in an apartment building
    and someone hears him.....who?
    Sorry you fell...I fell this winter too, and I turned to my left side too and hardly got a bruise...and I don't drink that much milk...I know I should.....Lovely that those people came to your aid....must be a good town
    6 miles....i still can't get over that kind of dedication....
    now to go back and listen again..thanks
    and God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't get hurt! Yaktrax!

    http://www.yaktrax.com/pro

    I've gotten so clumsy I think I need to wear them in the house!!

    Have a blessed day.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite hymns. How I wish I could find a church near us that actually uses the old hymns ... I'm not one who thinks things should never change, but I miss hearing and singing the familiar hymns. Every church we tried was the same...all new songs, never use a hymnal, just the display screens, and...I miss what was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed Assurance is one of my favorite hymns, and I like this version of it.
    I'm glad you didn't gt hurt on your walk today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt. I know how careful you are about the ice. Soon it will all be gone, and I'll be so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My church went through a spell of "canned"music, nothing but "contemporary", a small "praise band", while I was out for a few years, caregiving my father. Eventually, those people moved on , and now choosing the hymns is up to me, and since most of the congregation is over 50, I am thrilled to be able to choose the ones I grew up singing. We also have a couple of "praise & worship" songs, picked out by a lady about 40 years younger than I; the words are up on a screen, but I play the accompaniment; nothing "canned". People seem happy with the combo of old and new.
    P. S. To me, *all* our songs are praise and worship, whether written in 2010 or 1855.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are OK. Strong bones are a real plus, and your bones will stay stronger with all of your walking. Spring is on the way! Art

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )