Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Painting day

We had a light dusting of snow again last night.  The world looked as if confectioners sugar was sifted over everything.  It was 24 degrees as I walked down Gray Rock to the end of the road and then back again.  I only saw a couple of other people out.  It started snowing while I was walking and it was so pretty walking in the snow.  Peaceful and calm.  I saw another fox but this time it ran off as soon as I saw it.  I'm sure it was a different one because I was miles away from where I saw one yesterday.  I also saw two rabbits in a front yard. 
I walked 6.2 miles.
Sunrise 7:27
Sunset 5:01
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was walking Ken started taping off the kitchen so we could start the painting for the day.  He got quite a bit done.  He continued while I changed into painting clothes and made us pancakes for breakfast.  After eating and getting the dishes washed I was ready to help.  We moved all the dishes off the hutch and out of the white cabinet, moved everything away from the walls and started painting. Boy what a mess the kitchen is with  everything bunched in the middle.  I didn't realize how much stuff I have all over the place.  I thought I had gotten rid of a lot when we moved.
After getting about half finished we took a break for lunch.  We made a drive through Wendy's and got our lunch and ate it in the car.  Then back home to more painting.  We finished painting all the walls.
Here are some pictures of the kitchen. I can't believe I am putting these pictures of my kitchen in such a state up for all to see!! :-)




We were going to leave the trim around the doors and windows white, but after painting the walls blue we decided to get a darker blue for the trim.  Since the kitchen was such a mess we had dinner at Panera's which was near the Walmart where we went to buy the darker blue paint after we ate.  Things didn't go so good at the one Walmart.  The guy put the paint in the shaker machine and didn't hold it down properly and the lid came off while it started shaking in the machine.  He told us we wouldn't be able to get our paint there tonight.  So we drove to another Walmart and got the paint there without a problem. 
When we came back home Ken started in again on painting.  This time with the darker trim.  We have left the kitchen in a mess and will finish it tomorrow.
More pictures to come tomorrow. 

It was nice to sit down and watch a little television.  We watched a couple of episodes Donna Reed from 1958!!  Corny but fun to watch. :-)
It was supposed to be an ice cream snack night but I had to just have tea and graham crackers again because the ice cream would have put me way over my calorie limit for the day.  That's okay because now I get to look forward to having ice cream tomorrow. :-)

Well, off I go again to watch a little more television and knit before bedtime.

I hope your Saturday was a happy day for you.
Happyone :-)

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like the color. You guys got so much done today!

Gwendolyn said...

Painting can be so exhausting. It is the prep and cleanup work as much as the pianting itself. But your kitchen looks so warm with the color you have chosen and really sets off your beautiful wood cupboards! You've done a great job!

Mary said...

Your kitchen looks so welcoming. The new color is nice.

Vee said...

It looks lovely and I doubt that any room of yours could ever look a sight. This one doesn't even with all your things to the middle.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

You got "confectioner's sugar" snow and we got glops and glops of "whipped cream" snow! :-)

Super Yeaaaaaaaaaa for painting accomplishment!!!

Gentle Jan. hugs...

Happy@Home said...

Wow, you got a lot done and I LOVE the color. I look forward to seeing the finished room.

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE the Blue!

KathyA said...

I like the new color, Karen.