Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Times

This morning I walked around the lake.  It was dark and rainy.  I enter the park down by the wide part of the lake and usually turn right on the path and walk around that way and that is what I did today.  The main entrance is then about 3/4 of the way around the lake.  Today I didn't see anyone at all until I had made it to the main entrance.  The last quarter around the lake I saw 3 people.  One of the those people I wasn't surprised to see, was the woman from Seattle.  She loves the rain and I always see her on rainy days.  Once it was light I saw 4 deer, a couple of bunnies, the white egret and LOTS of cardinals.  I wore my rain pants and took the small umbrella.  It was just a light rain and I didn't think I'd need the huge golf one.  Besides the small one is much lighter to hold up. :-)
It was a nice quiet walk and I went 6.5 miles.

Did a couple quick things around the house, had breakfast and then headed out the door to go to my Tuesday morning knitting group.  We met inside at the mill again because of the weather.  I had to leave right at 12:00 today because I was meeting a friend from church for lunch.

I picked up MJ and we decided to go to Bertucci's for lunch.  There was only one table left when we got there and it was in a back corner.  The server apologized for putting us in the corner but it was a perfect place for us to be.  We enjoyed our time together eating and talking for the 2 hours and 15 minutes that we were there.  We decided we must do this again soon.  We always sit together in church and never have enough time to chat before the service starts. :-)

When I got back home I rushed around getting some stuff done around the house and before I knew it Ken was home from work.  He came home on time today because we had to be up the street at LeeLyn's meeting our friends Jackie and Kerry for dinner.  When I made the lunch date with my friend I had forgotten that I was going out to dinner on the same day.  So lucky me, I got to go out to eat two times in one day!!  That said, lately I have been cooking and eating at home a more than we used to.

The other day when I moved a few things around in the living room. I made this cozy little corner by the front windows.  It's nice for reading, knitting or just sitting and talking. 
I want to thank all who commented yesterday and left kind words and said they would pray for my mom.  It is much appreciated. 

I hope your Tuesday was a good one.
Happyone :-)
If you want work well done, select a busy man - the other kind has no time.  
 ~Elbert Hubbard

6 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Your day sounds busy, but enjoyable. How nice to spend lunch and dinner meeting with friends.
I like your cozy new seating arrangement. Your chairs are pretty and look so comfy.
I will continue to pray for your mom.

Vee said...

Oh I adore cozy corners like this. You're going to love it...well done!

Gwendolyn said...

Your livingroom corner looks very inviting and warm. It's amazing sometimes, what a new look you can give your place by just moving around the furntiture.

I went back and read yesterday's post and I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's fall. I will pray for her just now, for healing and freedom from pain.

The picture of the lake - it is just incredible. What a moment to capture with the lens! Thank you for sharing!

KathyA said...

Very cozy and welcoming!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Missed yesterday's post. But... Best wishes to your Mom.

KathyA said...

Yes, I know you DO cook a lot, so eating out twice in one day is a real treat!