Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A work day

A 6 mile walk this morning on the connect the path route.  A picture of the morning sky with the moon.
 Another warm morning and surprisingly quite a few people out.  I left little early and it was still dark out. 

Right after breakfast we went to the old house and did a little more painting.  I gave the trim in the living room another coat of paint while Ken started cutting the paint in at the ceiling edge.  This picture is the kitchen/dining room and I'm standing in the living room taking the tape off around the trim. 
The kit/din room used to be the blue color you can see through the cutout.  We decided to paint the living room a very light beige.  I will post pictures when it is finished.
Even though the house has hardwood floors they have been refinished too many times so we have decided to put new hardwood floors in the library, din/kit and living room.  We went out and priced some floors and found just what we wanted at a good price.  That will be another project.  Once the house gets all this stuff done I'll want to move back in it! :-)

While at the house I also worked in the yard for a while and Ken trimmed some trees.  While we were working a couple of friends from the neighborhood stopped by for a chat.

We had dinner out at a Mexican restaurant and then picked up a new supply of ice cream at Weis.   Just got finished watching an episode of Nurse Jackie while eating ice cream.  In just a bit we'll watch another episode and I think I'll do a little knitting.
And that's been my day.
Hope you had a happy Saturday.
Happyone :-)

5 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

I have been missing in action for a few days. I can't seem to get my routine back. Hope to see you at Knitting on Tuesday.

o2bhiking said...

I love walking at that time of morning. Nice work on your home. Art

Rathi said...

Oh Karen, i am so going for a walk this evening.. i am sick of feeling this guilty all this while..

sarah said...

blue color is a good idea for chairs.. I am, sarah, fan of all good decorating ideas :) thanks for these

KathyA said...

You're right that as soon as you've completed all these renovations you'll want to move back in! I look forward to seeing the pictures!