Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Perfect weather and a good laugh

This morning was just perfect weather for walking.  It was only 50 degrees with sunshine and a slight breeze.  I wore tights under my shorts and long sleeves and was neither hot nor cold.  The topic of conversation around the lake today was how beautiful it was out.  You just couldn't help but smile and say good morning to everyone you saw.  The white egret was there but not in his place by the bridge.  He was way over on the other side today.  I had to zoom in so the picture didn't come out so great.  Only one time around the lake for me today but I did take my usual longer route around it.  I made myself go in the house after walking 6.5 miles.  It's one of those days when you could just walk all day. :-)

As soon as I got in the house I put a roast in the slow cooker on top of some carrots and got dinner out of the way. I'll just make some mashed potatoes to go with it later.

The workers were back early this morning continuing their work with the poles, transferring the wires from the old pole to the new.  Every once in a while I would look out to see how they were doing.

Since it was such a nice day, I really wanted to get out and about so I hopped in the car to do that shopping that I never got around to yesterday.  Not so lucky with shopping and didn't get anything but I had a nice time out and about anyway.

The other night I was watching television and there was a baby laughing hysterically and it just made me laugh right along with him.  A laughing baby is my favorite all time sound.  I went to YouTube and found this baby laughing.  I bet you can't watch and not laugh! :-)


Enjoy the laugh!!
A good day to you.
Happyone :-)

5 comments:

Helen said...

I am sure a puppy or a kitten would get a wonderful life with you.
Your morning sounds beautiful.

KathyA said...

The weather WAS absolutely beautiful today. We have our windows open for the first time since April!

Anita said...

Everybody appears to be happier and healthier just now, while this high pressure system stays with us. I've noticed a lot more smiles from strangers lately.

Vee said...

You're right! I've seen that baby a few times and he does make me laugh. His father must be the funniest guy on earth. Glad that you can make yourself slow down if need be.

Retired Knitter said...

Oh yes, I did laugh. I tried not too, but it is infectious