Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 30, 2010

Cooler and sunny

Sunrise 6:06
Sunset 8:22
Oh my, what a beautiful morning for walking. A nice cool 60 degrees with low humidity and the sun shining. I don't think it gets much better than that. It was so nice in fact that I walked an extra mile and went 7 miles. Walked around the lake. What a surprise to see so many people out not only walking around the lake but swimming IN the lake. The Iron Woman Triathlon was going on. Once again I don't see how those people can swim in that water!!! I think I'll stick to walking around the lake. Didn't see many animals around. I think they were all in hiding because of all the people. I saw the Tiger Swallowtail butterflies again today and got a better photo than the one I posted yesterday on my picture blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished reading The Way We Were by Marcia Willett last night so I was able to take it back to the library this morning. Another very good book and I think that was the 9th one I've read by her. Looked for the next one on the shelf but it wasn't there.
I have another book due Tuesday, another due the next week and just got two more today. One was on hold for me and the other is a book by Rossamunde Pilcher. This is a new author for me and I got it because on the book cover of some of Marcia Willett books this author is named saying her books are like Willett's books. So thought I'd see how she compares.

A very nice day for taking a ride in the car so I went the long way around to and from the library. One of those days when you can drive with the windows open.

I'm home now, had lunch and I don't know what I'm going to do yet with the rest of the afternoon but I'll be doing it out on the deck.

Enjoy your Friday.
Happyone :-)
Your life can radiate the kind of light
that truly makes a difference in the world.
~Thomas Kinkade

5 comments:

Rathi said...

wow great pics.... Karen..

Vee said...

Excellent swallowtail picture, Karen. What's the matter with the water that you wonder how folks can swim in it?

I'm so glad that you had a very pleasant walk around the lake today with perfect temps and humidity levels.

I really like Rosamunde Pilcher, but some of her books are better than others. I like the way she describes home and food.

KathyA said...

Actually, Karen, the water is quite clean.
And yes, what a beautiful difference the lower temps make. We even had our windows open this morning for a short time. Tonight is supposed to be even cooler.

Happy@Home said...

Your walk sounds delightful with the lower humidity. We are quite a bit cooler here today and it has been overcast all day. No rain yet, however.
Was the drill sargeant that you have told us about training women for this triathalon?
Love your butterfly picture. I went to visit a friend yesterday and her yard was filled with butterflies. I have never seen that many in s backyard and, of course, I didn't have my camera.
I hope you enjoy the Rosamunde Pilcher book. I have read and enjoyed several of her books.

happyone said...

Vee - I wouldn't want to swim in the water because - read below.

Kathy - the water may be clean but I still don't want to swim in it. There are too many geese, fish and creepy stuff floating on top of the water! :-)

Kim - No, the drill sergeant wasn't involved in the triathlon. Her group now is a group of young people.