Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tuesday

A nice cool, sunny morning. I was actually a little chilly when I started out this morning but soon warmed up. Lots of people and I saw everything from people sweating in shorts and a tee shirt to someone dressed in a coat, hat and scarf!!
I spotted a few deer today. I guess they've been around, it's just hard to see them now that the woods are thick and green. Most days now I see the heron standing down by the rocks. I saw three cute little chipmunks scampering along the edge of the path.
There were a few boats with fishermen on the lake as well as fishermen along the shore. I wonder just how many fish people actually catch there.
The weather was just perfect for walking and I walked my usual 6 miles.

After breakfast and a shortened version of my morning routine, I left for my Tuesday morning knitting group. I took along a bag books for one of the woman to bring to the prisoners. Her and another woman go the prison and are teaching some of the men there to knit. It apparently is working out quite well and they have quite a few of the men knitting. The men have also asked for books and they are collecting books to bring to them now too.
So many good smells wafted out of the different stores in the courtyard as we knitted. There is a pizza place which always smells good. Today not only did the pizza smell good but the garlic bread smell really got me. The Subway had delicious bread smells and I smelled French Fries and cake baking from somewhere. I left a little after 12 and came home and ate a piece of left over pizza for lunch sitting on the deck. :-)

A new series for us from Netflix came in the mail today for us called Burn Notice. The person who recommend Damages which we like recommended this too. We will watch the pilot tonight.

The rest of the afternoon I'll do a little work around the house, then go and sit outside on the deck and read until it's time to make dinner.

I've run out of ice cream so after dinner it will be a good time to get out and buy some more for my snack tonight.

Have a happy Tuesday!
Happyone :-)
Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns,
be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
~Proverb

5 comments:

KathyA said...

What a beautiful day this is! Cool and sunny -- I have no idea what season it is, though.
Burn Notice is one of our favorite shows. It's season just began again last Thursday night. I hope you enjoy it.

Vee said...

So the deer have been watching you for a change. I'm not certain, but I do believe that we just had some snow showers. Hope that you get your ice cream. I'm living for my 1/2 cup a day. ;D

Happy@Home said...

The cooler weather does sound nice for walking. I've been seeing chipmunks on my patio every day. I suspect they are eating more bird food than the birds, but I can't get mad because they are too darn cute.

Laura said...

The weather has been cooler here as well. It is supposed to warm up again by the weekend though. :)
I'm actually wearing jeans today and usually in the Spring/Summer I live in dresses or skirts!

It sounds like a lovely day! Hmmm..it is just me or.. does teaching male prisoners to knit sound Tres Exciting!!! :P

((Hugs))
Laura

George said...

It sounds as if you've been enjoying perfect walking weather.
For what it's worth -- we really enjoy Burn Notice. I hope you enjoy it as well.